Ok, so I am toying with doing this myself. Pads on the front are about 1/4" of pad left.  Is there anything on these trucks that is different from others in years past? Ill get the speed bleeders to make things easier but other than that, anything special?  Also, any brand of pads n rotors that most here prefer over others out there? OEM VS other aftermarket? 

Thanks

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, EPIC CAJUN said:

Ok, so I am toying with doing this myself. Pads on the front are about 1/4" of pad left.  Is there anything on these trucks that is different from others in years past? Ill get the speed bleeders to make things easier but other than that, anything special?  Also, any brand of pads n rotors that most here prefer over others out there? OEM VS other aftermarket? 

Thanks

Pad choice depends on how you use your truck and what you want from it vs what you give up.  The OEM pads are great for most people wanting low dust and normal driving performance.  If you want higher braking forces, many of the aftermarket pads like Hawk and Stop Tech produce some high performance pads.  Some are high friction pads that work well at high temperatures, but not low temps.  Some work well all around like the OEM pads.  There's a lot of choices.  But my experience is that there are always trade offs.  If you want higher performance stopping, you will trade rotor wear and likely get a lot  more black dust.

• Like 1

I just dropped EBC front Rotors and Heavy Duty Towing pads on.  These are as quiet as OEM and the real deal.......Brake dust has been slightly more than OEM which was nothing by the way.  Heat and hills are problem where I live.

Its flat and hot here in Louisiana and I tow a 22' Boat from time to time. So im not looking for something extravagant here. I just dont want to sound like the school bus when I stop. 

I have watched a couple youtube videos and this process seems as straight forward as its been with previous vehicles. You just never know sometimes with these newer vehicles. Case in point, you have to remove half the engine it seems just to get the battery out. :lol:

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:51 PM, EPIC CAJUN said:

Its flat and hot here in Louisiana and I tow a 22' Boat from time to time. So im not looking for something extravagant here. I just dont want to sound like the school bus when I stop. 

I have watched a couple youtube videos and this process seems as straight forward as its been with previous vehicles. You just never know sometimes with these newer vehicles. Case in point, you have to remove half the engine it seems just to get the battery out. :lol:

I Here ya!  I went the Extra Heavy Duty towing pads and Quiet slotted rotors from EBC....Just went through the mountains...These are Quiet and work excellent!  Impressive my Auto Grade braking never turned on......

My experience with EBC is they are great rotors.  No warpage on any of the ones I've used in the past.  I had warpage with OEM GM rotors in the past.  It was mild, but it was there and causing pulsing.  I have Wilwood 14.25" front brakes with the 6 piston calipers.  They've been fantastic at stopping, but they are dirty.  They lasted nearly 60,000 miles.  OEM pads are probably the best for most light duty use.  They last a long time and have nearly no dust.

• 2 months later...