Mirrors. DQS to DL3

Hey all,

I realize that PGamboa is on vacation, and he would probably know,  but I thought I would post a question.  I'm trying to swap from DQS to DL3.  I was hoping I was going to get lucky and not have to switch harnesses.  The drivers side seems to be working fine, although I haven't checked out the memory functions yet.  The Passenger side isn't adjusting the mirror or folding, but it's an ebay mirror so who knows.

Has anybody had any experience with this DQS to DL3 swap?

Thanks,

Don

• Like 1

Hey all,

I realize that PGamboa is on vacation, and he would probably know,  but I thought I would post a question.  I'm trying to swap from DQS to DL3.  I was hoping I was going to get lucky and not have to switch harnesses.  The drivers side seems to be working fine, although I haven't checked out the memory functions yet.  The Passenger side isn't adjusting the mirror or folding, but it's an ebay mirror so who knows.

Thanks,

Don

Vacation hasn’t officially started until Tuesday. Had a HS Graduation this week/weekend....

Do you have Seat Memory? All you did was swap mirros? No change to harnesses?

If all you swapped were mirrors, you shouldn’t have lost Adjust or fold abilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Vacation hasn’t officially started until Tuesday. Had a HS Graduation this week/weekend....

A few years of college and you'll be done. 

I do have seat memory, but haven't checked the functionality . 

Yes, All I did was swap the mirror,  with no change to harnesses.  Only the turn signals work on the DL3 passenger side  

When I tested the DL3 on the drivers side it adjusted and folded, but that was with the DQS on the passenger side installed. 

When I tested the DL3 on the passenger side,  there wasn't any mirror on the drivers side

Would that make a difference?

• Like 1

A few years of college and you'll be done. 

I do have seat memory, but haven't checked the functionality . 

Yes, All I did was swap the mirror,  with no change to harnesses.  Only the turn signals work on the DL3 passenger side  

When I tested the DL3 on the drivers side it adjusted and folded, but that was with the DQS on the passenger side installed. 

When I tested the DL3 on the passenger side,  there wasn't any mirror on the drivers side
Would that make a difference?

Since you have Seat Memory, the power adjust commands and the power fold on the passenger side, rely on the door panels being reinstalled because the commands go through the passenger window switch. My guess is the door panel was not installed (on the passenger side) when you were testing? This is the only logical explanation.

There commands run off of one wire (Serial Local Interconnect Network or LIN Bus).

Now, there is another issue to consider that just came to mind. If you reinstall mirros, you should have the power adjust, power fold, memory, heat and turn signals....

The puddle lamp will behave as your running light since these slot locations on the harnesses are shared. Also, on the driver side side mirror, the cargo lamp (on old mirror) uses pin 2. Pin 2 on a DL3 is used for dimming....

So - I don’t know what the expected behavior would be if you activated the cargo Lamp switch as it would send positive 12v down that dimming circuit. Also, I don’t what would happen at night when the dimming circuit voltage sends that signal down the cargo Lamp circuit.

That’s the reason a harness swap is always required since these slots (within the harnesses) are shared foe different purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to change the door harness from a truck that came with DL3 mirrors. I did this on my 2015 that came with the powerfold tow mirrors. I ordered mine from the dealer using a VIN from a truck off the lot. Everything works as if stock.

Hey all,

Thanks,

Don

Looking to sell the dqs?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk