I have a 2015 silverado with the 5.3 im just curious to see what programmers people find best?

I just recently bought the Diablosport Predator 2. I don’t have any complaints so far. It definitely put more pep in my 15 5.3 just on the canned 87 performance tune. I haven’t tried the other canned tunes to see how they perform but it works for what I was looking for. I know others like custom tuners and tunes. I picked this one for the AFM disable, changing TPMS values, changing tire sizes, and for a few extra $$ to add different tunes.

Delivered via my cellular device using a mobile chat forum thingy.

that's good. can you change shift firmness? and shift points? I know I had the edge cs and it kicked like a mule when you put your foot I to it. that was for my 08 silverado though

Edited by whitelightning11

I'll say that I tried a Superchip on my truck, in hopes of better gas mileage not necessarily looking for performance gains, I put it in the economy tune mode and I did not like it. The shift points were all over place, incredibly inconsistent and drove me crazy enough to the point that I reset it back to stock and sent the thing back. Not impressed at all, if I was going to attempt it again I would personally go for the more custom route. I've got an incredible tune on my 6.2 Camaro that was customized remotely with the help of an SCT X4 Tuner. 

Personally I won't be messing around with a tuner again on my 5.3, I would hate to break something! :cool:

44 minutes ago, TyGriff13 said:

I'll say that I tried a Superchip on my truck, in hopes of better gas mileage not necessarily looking for performance gains, I put it in the economy tune mode and I did not like it. The shift points were all over place, incredibly inconsistent and drove me crazy enough to the point that I reset it back to stock and sent the thing back. Not impressed at all, if I was going to attempt it again I would personally go for the more custom route. I've got an incredible tune on my 6.2 Camaro that was customized remotely with the help of an SCT X4 Tuner. 

Personally I won't be messing around with a tuner again on my 5.3, I would hate to break something! :cool:

yeah that is true enough. thanks for the input!

I have a Blackbear tune in my 15. I did a lot of research and weighed the pros and cons of a custom tune vs a canned tuner. For me and my wants/needs it was the way to go and IMO the only downside is the price difference BUT you also get what you pay for in this situation. Depending on what all you want to do to your truck now and in the future I would look into a custom tune as a option if I were you.

that's good. can you change shift firmness? and shift points? I know I had the edge cs and it kicked like a mule when you put your foot I to it. that was for my 08 silverado though

With the Predator 2 you can change shift points and firmness. I want to go through and adjust/fine tune the settings to get it perfect. As mentioned before depending on the way you want to go with your truck then that will dictate what route you go. I’m not looking to heavily modify mine as it is my daily driver. Not knocking the custom tuners at all. I did a lot of research and this was the best most economical option for me.

27 minutes ago, TX LIMO said:

With the Predator 2 you can change shift points and firmness. I want to go through and adjust/fine tune the settings to get it perfect. As mentioned before depending on the way you want to go with your truck then that will dictate what route you go. I’m not looking to heavily modify mine as it is my daily driver. Not knocking the custom tuners at all. I did a lot of research and this was the best most economical option for me.

yeah mine is my daily as well. just want a bit more out of it. thanks for your help!

• Like 1