Android Auto Stupidity

So I do something somewhat routine with my 17 Sierra and disconnect the battery while I installed the gm kicker add on sub.  Well hook everything back up and go to connect android auto and get this trash screen saying communication error 8.  So I check and make sure both the trucks time and date are set correctly... yes they are just like before I unplugged the battery.  I cycle the key multiple times, uninstall and reinstall the app... nothing does anything.  So what now... I have to take this thing to GM because I unhooked the battery... 5b23108bc8f59_Screenshot_20180614-190104_GooglePlayservices.thumb.jpg.4335a42c291754a4e09000a6e6d47209.jpg

Restart phone?

You’ve tried different USB ports? The ones close to the dash versus the ones inside the center console?

When Apple CarPlay screws up I usually have to switch USB ports or hold the power button down on the radio so the screen just displays the temp and time. Or try different USB ports and then all is well

Edited by 2009GMC

Restarted the phone a couple times and made sure the app and Google play are up to date which they are before posting.  The time and date are in auto which uses the cell network and are reading correct.

Also tried all the USB ports prior to posting and it's the same thing regardless.  

Disclaimer!!!!

I used the app about 4 hours ago before disconnecting the battery and it was fine as it has been since I bought the truck new.  This is the first time I have pulled a battery cable on this one so this is real fun. 

Fixed it!! And wow was it stupid lol. After my last post I had a hunch and took the truck for a drive as I had not moved it yet after installing the sub.  Yup... must need to see the GPS or compass update itself before it satisfies the system.  All is well.

On a side note I don't know why guys bitch about this little kicker add on.  My truck is a double cab SLE with buckets and console and the factory UQA Bose system with the sub in the console that did virtually nothing... this actually put some bass into it now.  The truck sounds really good honestly.  I could do door speakers but I think I will run it as is for a while now.  

• Like 1