2017 Silverado Engine Miss

Hi   New here to the forum.  I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 High Country 9,000 miles,  lately the truck will begin to miss and stumble.

The check engine light flashes and the traction control light is also lit.  This has happened 3 times lately with no codes stored. Goes back  to normal

in less than a minute

Dealer says they cannot do anything without a code.

I am preparing to go on vacation in Florida and am afraid truck will break down on the way. (considering driving my 12 yr old Tahoe instead )

Its pretty bad when you have a new almost $60,000 truck and are afraid to drive it, and dealer cannot and will not figure out whats wrong without

a code being thrown.

Have an appointment tomorrow with a different dealer, I also opened a case with Chevrolet today.

Anyone have any ideas where to begin checking without a code?

Would greatly appreciate

sed without    Love the truck but still not sold on the 

If I had to venture a guess, I would say its drive train related or something in the traction control system. The engine "stumble" is probably the engine being throttled to compensate for the traction issue or what it thinks is a traction issue.

Does this typically happen while turning or straight line. Once again my bet is something in the traction control system.

1 hour ago, rrmccabe said:

If I had to venture a guess, I would say its drive train related or something in the traction control system. The engine "stumble" is probably the engine being throttled to compensate for the traction issue or what it thinks is a traction issue.

Does this typically happen while turning or straight line. Once again my bet is something in the traction control system.

Happens when driving straight, once as I was parking at idle   Also 8 speed clunks mostly on slowing downshifts

1 hour ago, newdude said:

No codes at all?  If the lights flashing, there should be freeze frame data and codes stored in the ECM. 

dealer just plugged in scanner  said no codes found!!    Shouldn't they be able to put it on a scope and look for pending  code?     check engine was flashing, traction control light steady

Just now, BlazerWill said:

Happens when driving straight, once as I was parking at idle   Also 8 speed clunks mostly on slowing downshifts

Just now, BlazerWill said:

The check engine light was flashing and there are no codes? Flashing check engine light is a catalytic converter damaging event...fuel is being dumped into the cat and it potentially can damage it. You sure it was the check engine light flashing and not the traction control light flashing?

To have a misfire like this is a pretty big event (not always) I've seen bad O2 sensors have the potential to do this. But with direct injection? Wonder if too much fuel is being dumped? Doubt it. 

It sounds like drivetrain to me, especially from what I've read of the 8 speed transmissions and torque converters. Lots of stumbling and the feeling of misfires/hesitation/surging. That'd be my guess.

7 minutes ago, Doublebase said:

The check engine light was flashing and there are no codes? Flashing check engine light is a catalytic converter damaging event...fuel is being dumped into the cat and it potentially can damage it. You sure it was the check engine light flashing and not the traction control light flashing?

To have a misfire like this is a pretty big event (not always) I've seen bad O2 sensors have the potential to do this. But with direct injection? Wonder if too much fuel is being dumped? Doubt it. 

It sounds like drivetrain to me, especially from what I've read of the 8 speed transmissions and torque converters. Lots of stumbling and the feeling of misfires/hesitation/surging. That'd be my guess.

The check engine light was definitely flashing, plus traction control light was on too!!  Has happened 3 times only lasts approx a minute then clears up and runs normally.  No codes found   Hitting the dealer again tomorrow morning.

Hope they can figure this out

1 hour ago, BlazerWill said:

dealer just plugged in scanner  said no codes found!!    Shouldn't they be able to put it on a scope and look for pending  code?     check engine was flashing, traction control light steady

They really don't use scopes any more. All the techs have notebooks and all the diagnostics and updates are done with that.

Peruse your owners manual regarding GM roadside assistance, you should still be under bumper to bumper warranty and have the roadside assistance in effect. If your dealer doesn't come up with a fix before you leave on vacation, drive it anyway, unless your going to some swamp area in the boonies.  If it should break down on you, the tow and loaner to continue your vacation will be on GM.

Hello,

Anytime you have a misfire the stabitrac light will also be on. If no code is stored, the bad cylinder will show in misfire data under history. If a code was cleared this data is also reset. Maybe try another dealer. If the trans. has codes it will illuminate the check engine light. The code will be P0700. The trans codes are stored in TCM. There should also be freeze frame data stored if the code was not cleared.

Hi   New here to the forum.  I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 High Country 9,000 miles,  lately the truck will begin to miss and stumble.
The check engine light flashes and the traction control light is also lit.  This has happened 3 times lately with no codes stored. Goes back  to normal
in less than a minute
Dealer says they cannot do anything without a code.
I am preparing to go on vacation in Florida and am afraid truck will break down on the way. (considering driving my 12 yr old Tahoe instead )
Its pretty bad when you have a new almost $60,000 truck and are afraid to drive it, and dealer cannot and will not figure out whats wrong without
a code being thrown.
Have an appointment tomorrow with a different dealer, I also opened a case with Chevrolet today.
Anyone have any ideas where to begin checking without a code?
Would greatly appreciate

sed without    Love the truck but still not sold on the 
I have a 2014 LT Z71 and this exact same thing happened to mine not long ago. Mine stayed on and a lifter was stuck. It only has 35k miles so still under warranty. The problem.is a known issue with the The Active Fuel Management System. They replaced all of the lifters associated with the AFM. As of right now I have since disabled the AFM on my own with a Diablo i3 intune. Truck runs great now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk