Actual height 2500HD

What is the actual height of a 2015+ 2500HD, measured from its highest point to ground? I’m wanting to get rid of my current truck and into something newer before winter, but I have low garage door height.

My garage door measures 82” high to the seal. My current truck; a 1997 F350 standard cab, fits with a few inches to spare. I measured it using a level across the cab, and a tape measure to ground. From what I’ve gathered from friends, the new Super Dutys are a hair too tall, and Rams are riiiiight there. 

My truck measured to be just short of 78 inches. 2WD. Specs say 78.1". I'm aired down to about 55 / 65 psi front and rear respectively.

I recently went into a parking deck with a 6' 8" (80") clearance sign. Had to drive underneath every column in the deck with one foot on the running board, one on the brakes, half my body outside my truck to make sure it would clear. It did clear with only about 2 inches to spare. These parking deck clearance signs are no joke.

Edited by cire0309
typo

57 minutes ago, cire0309 said:

My truck measured to be just short of 78 inches. 2WD. Specs say 78.1". I'm aired down to about 55 / 65 psi front and rear respectively.

I recently went into a parking deck with a 6' 8" (80") clearance sign. Had to drive underneath every column in the deck with one foot on the running board, one on the brakes, half my body outside my truck to make sure it would clear. It did clear with only about 2 inches to spare. These parking deck clearance signs are no joke.

Thank you very much; I questioned how close the factory measurements are to actual. 

Depends on cab/box/drivetrain config, but if I read it right, the tallest 2500 gmc is listed at 78.3"  in the 2017 order guide.

Tallest 1500 would be about 74.2.

Edited by redwngr

49 minutes ago, redwngr said:

Depends on cab/box/drivetrain config, but if I read it right, the tallest 2500 gmc is listed at 78.3"  in the 2017 order guide.

Tallest 1500 would be about 74.2.

Understand; I’d be looking at CCSB 2500HD 4x4’s.