Trim piece between bumper and grille, 2005 GMC 3500

My 2005 GMC 3500 has a gap of a couple of inches between the bottom of the grille and top of the bumper...and extends under the headlights. I've seen other trucks that have a gray piece of plastic the follows the contours of the bumper and runs the width of the front of the vehicle.

What is this piece called and where can I buy it reasonably?

Thanks in advance.

Don't know the name, it's the strip to cover the gap caused by the 2" body lift.  GM probably doesn't have it anymore (and it would be ridiculously expensive if they did), probably the most reasonable place would be a junkyard.

I'm not sure how easy it is to detach from/attach to the main grille, as every time I've removed the grille from my truck, this strip has remained attached to the grille.

Yes, at least the '04 version is, but it's unlikely the '05 version changed that much.  The grille goes around the headlights and marker lights anyway...  It's been awhile since I've had to remove it, but I believe the grille has pins that pull out (w.r.t. the truck, pull forwards) at the ends [there are more pins in the middle, and a screw you need to remove as well], but you need to unclip the strip from the fender liner first, as it clips on sideways.  And that strip only has clips on each end, the rest of it is supported only by the grille.