Issues with the Rough Country quickcal

What's up guys!! Long time reader, first time poster! I have a quick question, I just got done putting a 7" Rough Country lift on my 2016 Silverado LT Crew and I got the RC quickcal to adjust the speedometer. I followed the instructions step by step and every thing went as expected during the calibration,  but once it finished and I was safe to start the vehicle,  I had the " ice possible - drive with care " message on the dash, so I look at the temp reading on the stereo and it was showing 32° when it was actually 70°. Has anyone else had this issue? I was thinking about leaving over night and see what it says and if that doesn't work then try to do the calibration over again. 

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated....cheers! 

P.s. attached a pic of the new lift and I couldn't be happier! ?

20180715_175631.jpg

The temperature will reset itself after an hour or two of driving. It happens every time you tune/change the speedometer on these trucks. It did it with my Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator and it happened when I installed my Black Bear tune. 

Thanks guys, It did in fact correct itself when i started it this morning. 

Now I just need to move on to the next upgrade, hopefully exhaust, intake, and then look in to a regear. From what I've seen the regear is going to cost quite a bit, but a must if you want to tow a 5500lbs TT and have 35s. 

9 hours ago, BO TIE 1 said:

Truck looks good by the way!

Thanks! It was my first time putting on a 7 inch lift and it definitely kicked my ass, but totally worth it. After I crawled out from underneath the truck it looked like I just came from a bar fight...??

• Like 1