Parting Ways

Well fellas, I traded in the Duramax last week and picked up a new Cummins. The 15.5 was getting on up in miles and as much as I am on the road I wanted something with a warranty and figured I would give the Cummins a try.  It is going to take a bit to get used to the trans coming from the Allison but overall the the way the truck dives and handles is pretty impressive. I am a base model truck kind of guy so the Tradesman was right up my alley. They transferred my tires and tool box over, threw in factory leather seats, wheel to wheel steps, spray in bed liner and a hood bug shield; still have some of that to get put on when I get back in from offshore. I am a guy of opportunity and not necessarily brand loyal so I am sure I will be back in a GM in ~4 yrs, lol.

Edit: And I now understand why most Ram HD drivers drive with their mirrors flipped up. They really suck with them down since the blind spot mirror is on the outside of the mirror when down. I have not reverted to that yet but....

20180721_152951.jpg

Edited by CAtaylor

Very nice, I’m not a kook-aid drinker and had couple of Rams. I had good luck over all with them. My first 91, escape the two year trade in was passed around from the field to the shop. Close to 400K miles with one repaint and one interior upgrade. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Very nice, I’m not a kook-aid drinker and had couple of Rams. I had good luck over all with them. My first 91, escape the two year trade in was passed around from the field to the shop. Close to 400K miles with one repaint and one interior upgrade. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, yea I had an 03 1/2 ton and it was problem free for ~90k miles other than a window switch. We'll see how it goes

• Like 1

All  that matters at the end of the day is are you happy?  Glad to see you found something you like. Yes the Cummins is a tough diesel for sure.  It looks great.  Just keep it between the ditches.  :)

• Like 1