I went with this kit and its worth every penny! 

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/2014-silverado-morimoto-elite.html?carDisplay=2015+Chevrolet+Silverado++w%2F+Projectors&preselect=47309&preselect_restrict=1

Crisp clean cut off. Nice and bright white. (I did the 5500k bulbs and 35 watt ballasts. Step up to 55watt for even brighter lights.)

This kit fit great! And 2 years later still working like the day I installed it. 
There custom service is also great!

I have some pics of the light output someplace. Ill see if I can find them.

• 5 months later...
On 8/1/2018 at 11:27 PM, Jsmithnapa said:

Hey all, I own a 2018 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Z71...The damn headlights are that terrible yellow color, Did Chevy not put LED lights on any of the 2500 models? Has anyone replaced the whole light assembly or even just bulbs to achieve the clearer look? If so please share and checkout the photo below of my headlights compared to the illuminated bow tie. 

Thanks for the help. 

headlight.jpg

Any new options on this? Or pictures of the options mentioned? I just came to a 2500 from a '16 1500 that had LED everywhere but the third brake light. My newer ('18) 'high country' 2500 has none and it's infuriating. Ultimately I'm hoping to go LED on much more than just headlights...

On 4/14/2019 at 10:55 AM, SierraHD17 said:

And here I would rather the other way.  On my 17 GMC 2500 with its garbage HID lights I would love a 4 bulb incandescent setup any day of the week...

To each they're own, I don't argue with anyone for liking what they like! I'm just amazed that these brand new trucks don't have the option where the gmc's have some LED and the half tons from both companies have them all over. Clearly gm sees the trend, they just chose not to act on it with their most expensive trucks!?!

Xenon Depot (ribbon heat sink) or the VLed Micro series (fan).  VLed are not much bigger than the stock bulbs and fit in the housings with the dust caps very nicely.   

Edited by newdude

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2019 Silverrado HD 3500. I had the dealer call GM and open a ticket to reprogram the BCM to eliminate the Canbus light current monitoring function.

This is used by Up Fitters for aftermarket installs. The cost was $200. I then was able to install Super Nova V4 LED lights for both low and high beam. I went 

with GTR for the driving lights since they are no cooling fan. See Headlight Revolution for the products and videos. 

I can now use any LED bulb on the truck with no ballast needed. Very cool. Got all my bulbs from Headlight R. Converted the entire truck exterior. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/26/2019 at 10:45 PM, chrisb1 said:

I have a 2019 Silverrado HD 3500. I had the dealer call GM and open a ticket to reprogram the BCM to eliminate the Canbus light current monitoring function.

This is used by Up Fitters for aftermarket installs. The cost was $200. I then was able to install Super Nova V4 LED lights for both low and high beam. I went 

with GTR for the driving lights since they are no cooling fan. See Headlight Revolution for the products and videos. 

I can now use any LED bulb on the truck with no ballast needed. Very cool. Got all my bulbs from Headlight R. Converted the entire truck exterior. 

Do you still have DRL or are your lights on 24/7?