Hey all, I own a 2018 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Z71...The damn headlights are that terrible yellow color, Did Chevy not put LED lights on any of the 2500 models? Has anyone replaced the whole light assembly or even just bulbs to achieve the clearer look? If so please share and checkout the photo below of my headlights compared to the illuminated bow tie. 

Thanks for the help. 

headlight.jpg

Hey all, I own a 2018 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Z71...The damn headlights are that terrible yellow color, Did Chevy not put LED lights on any of the 2500 models? Has anyone replaced the whole light assembly or even just bulbs to achieve the clearer look? If so please share and checkout the photo below of my headlights compared to the illuminated bow tie. 

Thanks for the help. 
headlight.jpg.e06e40fac682fa548aa294af9de3f5b2.jpg

I put pnp led bulbs in mine (with canbus). Purchased from xenondepot. They work fantastic and they are significantly brighter than stock. The cut off is pretty good with the stock projectors... no need to replace them. If you do I would send them to a retrofitter. The standard aftermarket housings have weaker optics than these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, jstenger said:

Where did you get your illuminated bow tie?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I purchased it from the amazon link below. Its a GM part and came with everything needed. 20 minute install im pretty happy with it but it now makes my headlights looks like shit lol 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MZZRL0Z/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

14 hours ago, Waaazooo said:

I put pnp led bulbs in mine (with canbus). Purchased from xenondepot. They work fantastic and they are significantly brighter than stock. The cut off is pretty good with the stock projectors... no need to replace them. If you do I would send them to a retrofitter. The standard aftermarket housings have weaker optics than these.

Thanks for the info ill check them out right now, did you have to install capacitors or was it just a direct bulb replacement? 

Thanks for the info ill check them out right now, did you have to install capacitors or was it just a direct bulb replacement? 

Plug and play. There is an “add on “. Called canbus. It takes care of the wattage differences between the halogen 55w and the 35w (I think that’s correct). I just know it said I need “canbus” so I bought it. Plugged it in the truck and it works amazing!
3c7950d95f9ed08e7b30a73d662dffe8.jpgdc9b5538b44f2528b9534880a99c5c9b.jpg

Heartlands LED's in my 2016 about a month ago and they are incredable and have a great light projection and No splatter effect of light. Crisp clean line on top level when shined on a wall or whatever. Very good product they sell

20180627_212530.jpg

• Like 2

I know my truck is a bit older as a 2015 but I used this kit to go bi-xenon hid. I now have hid low beams with proper cutoff. The high beams are standard lower halogen but the hids pull off the shield and give a nasty beam that is amazingly bright. I also installed the morimoto Xb led fogs.

http://www.fastheadlights.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=fxr_chevy_retrofit-kit_hylux

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

On 8/2/2018 at 1:27 AM, Jsmithnapa said:

Thanks for the help. 

Nope.

Halogen on the 4 lamp chev 2500

HID on the 2 lamp gmc 2500

1500 gmc and chev are 2 lamp;  they can be HID or LED depending on trim and/or options

Heartlands LED's in my 2016 about a month ago and they are incredable and have a great light projection and No splatter effect of light. Crisp clean line on top level when shined on a wall or whatever. Very good product they sell
20180627_212530.thumb.jpg.5199e30e5c1ba9e48eb6d5a6b199e7a7.jpg

That looks killer

• Like 1

On 8/5/2018 at 11:26 AM, 504Duramax said:

20180627_212530.jpg

Your truck looks mean as hell man! I really like the LED bars in the grill. What kind of lights do you have under it?

Edited by Gear_Jammer
  • Like 1