. Question about GM Performance Cat back system

New here to the site.  Just purchased a VERY low mile 2017 Sierra 1500 base pickup, 2 wd , regular cab, 8 ft. bed.  I want to do a few upgrades as I did on my 2005 Silverado.  Primary for me is the GM performance cat back exhaust system and the cold air intake kit.  On the GM Performance parts site the descriptions took me to Part# 1903332.  When I checked that part number with other suppliers it shows not to fit my configuration.  A little more digging revealed a part number 1903331 which specifies it is for the single cab  long bed with 5.3 gas engine.  It also states NOT AVAILABLE.  Other suppliers, the same.  Since Borla is the manufacturer for the GM systems I checked their site and located four different part numbers which claim to fit the regular cab long bed 5.3 truck.  The questions are.....#1  Why is that one particular application not available from GM?    and    #2  If I use a Borla branded equivilant system will it void my warranties?    Thanks for any help!

No exhaust will void any warranty except for the part it replaces. Also, they have to PROVE that exhaust caused a failure which it would'nt anyway. Youll be fine with any exhaust. I know their touring would be the closest to the GM performance.  Congrats on your purchase and welcome! 

I’ve got the Borla from GM. Came installed from the previous owner. It’s no louder than the factory exhaust. Maybe only just ever so slightly but it’s marginal at best. If you want to hear an exhaust then go buy a different one. No one is going to void a warranty for a cat back.

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo

Thanks for the replies and info, guys.  I was worried about warranties but now it looks like I might be up the creek on even getting the system.  No one seems to have one that fits a 2017 GMC regular cab with an 8 ft. bed.  Nothing's easy.  I'll be on the phone to Borla this morning. Hopefully there is an answer.  Can't stand that wimpy stock pipe.

• 1 month later...

The only difference between the GMPP system and the one ordered from Borla is the GM one has the flapper valve or exhaust adaptive system to prevent the helicopter chopping in V4 mode. I have the GMPP one and it sounds great. No drone and V4 sounds ok...I can still hear the chopper but just barely.

Just get it from Borla. The valve will fail and begin squeaking and squealing and rattling. Mine did and now it’s welded open until I take the time to cut it out. And there is no drone or whatever this chopper sound is with the valve bypassed. This exhaust is so quiet it’s ridiculous.

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo
Bilstein 5100
Rough Country Level