New Sierra Owner

Hi Everyone.

First, thanks for all the info on the forum, has been great help as I was researching trucks and looking to figure out features. Other than a few things the truck doesn't have, I am really loving having a truck. This is my first one. 

Bought a Quicksilver 2018 SLT Crew Cab about 2 weeks ago. I strayed from GM for a little and can say I am quite pleased with how far they have come. I come from the LS1Tech/HP Tuners forum world (same user ID), though I have been inactive for quite some time due to work and family. Looking forward to the mods here and there to make this my own. 

I already started to dig into a few things, more for protection and looks: debadged the tailgate/added the black GMC logo only, black GMC logo up front, black GMC center caps on wheels (on the way), LED cargo/tag/reverse lights (why they weren't like that from the factory is crazy), 45% tint added to all glass with the exception of the windshield, stubby antenna, chrome valve stem sleeves/caps (wish they were the TPMS metal ones), floor liners/bed cover/door edge film/etc. Just building my wish list while taking care of some of the minor things/things to protect the truck. 

I have a 2000 WS6 that was my modding world of the past. It has taken a back seat while I spend money for more of a daily driver (though, I think I am keeping the car I planned to sell and keep the truck for the nice days). I was in the process of rebuilding the motor and doing some upgrades along the way before stopping due to time and cost. I have started to look at the Borla exhaust and some intake tubes for the truck, then started to look at tuning options (used to do quite a bit of tuning on the side through college and before starting a family) before realizing how much of a PITA and $$$$$ mess that is going to be!

Next step - and any advice is greatly appreciated, though I have been reading a TON - is I want to pull the rear leaf spring blocks to semi-level the truck out. I won't load it up much, really got it for space/picking up larger items since an SUV was the same price or more.

I better get to posting so I can get some stuff in the classified, 50 posts is a lot for someone with little to contribute right now :) 

IMG_2326.jpg

Welcome and congratulations [emoji324][emoji898][emoji322][emoji323]

Simple solution is to just add 1” inch under the strut up front and it’ll help balance it out. Easy to do on your own and may just cost you approximately $40.00 for those two little PCs.

https://www.motofablifts.com/product-p/ch-1lm.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered some 2WD ubolts to pull the rear spacers. Since I will rarely load this up I figured that would be a good option. Plus, the driveshaft is at such a steep angle with the rear unloaded I only figured it would help.

Thanks for the link though. I was considering if I wanted to level the front out I would do that closer to time replacing the tires because when the front is leveled I feel the tires look a little small.