Active Exhaust for GM trucks? (like the Camaro & Corvette has)

On 8/27/2018 at 6:57 AM, 5.3Avalanche said:

I'm not sure what you are referring to?  Are you saying the GM valves rattle and break?  I have never heard this.  They are fairly reliable parts.  Also, you can definitely control them to remain closed for cold starts so I'm not sure where you're getting your information from.  Plus, if you wire them in manually (which I plan to do) with the control of a switch I can have them open or closed on demand.

The valves do not stay closed on the Corvette/Camaro on cold start up. They open briefly then shut after so many seconds. I have my NPP locked open on my 17 Camaro SS, I didnt put $2k in ARH catless headers to not be able to hear it sing.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got an MBRP catback with a cutout right before the muffler on a switch its perfect for controlling the sound the catback sounds great on the highway and in the city. With the cutout open I can have some fun when I want the truck louder I suggest QTP if you want a high quality cutout