Advanced Trailering Package?

I'm looking at a 2019 RST.. that has

Advanced Trailering Package $240.00
Trailer brake controller, integrated $275.00

What exactly does the Advanced Trailering Package include?  3.42 rear end?  I noticed the side mirrors have an outside turn single indicator or something?  it appears the mirrors are the same size as regular.. but it just has some sort of light on the outside. Is there anything else? 

17687772010x640.jpg

1 hour ago, GMC-AT said:

What exactly does the Advanced Trailering Package include?  3.42 rear end?  I noticed the side mirrors have an outside turn single indicator or something?  it appears the mirrors are the same size as regular.. but it just has some sort of light on the outside. Is there anything else? 

17687772010x640.jpg

Edited by Sierra Dan

The Advanced Trailering System is standard on LTZ and High Country trim levels and available on LT, RST, and Trail Boss trim levels.
It includes an industry-first Auto Parking Brake Assist which prevents truck roll while aligning with the trailer hitch when the vehicle is put
into Hitch View, and with it comes Hitch Guidance which features dynamic backing guidelines to help customers line up their hitch.
Also included is a trailer tire pressure monitoring system; this, however, requires optional equipment and dealer installation.

This Advanced Trailering System Infotainment app that accompanies the system allows customers to track the mileage, fuel economy, and
transmission temperature of their truck while towing. Customers can create up to five profiles for different trailer types, including those for guest trailers.
The brake gain memory, which works with the Integrated Trailer Brake Controller, allows customers to set and save the controller’s brake
gain setting for each trailer within their profile.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GMC-AT said:

Advance Trailering is NOT NHT Max Trailer Package. 

ZL6 Advanced Trailering Package, includes (PZ8) Hitch Guidance with hitch view, (U1D) Advanced Trailering System and (PTT) Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor System
1 - Requires (PCM) Convenience Package II. Requires either (Z82) Trailering Package with (JL1) trailer brake controller or (NHT) Max Trailering Package.
2 - Requires (PCM) Convenience Package II and (JL1) trailer brake controller.

The mirrors with the front facing cargo/task lamps are included in the Safety I package.  The mirrors that go on are basically the DLF power heated mirror, but with LTZ features such as the task light and the blind spot light in the glass. 

The package to get the mirror in the picture above:

PQB Safety Package , includes (UD5) Front and Rear Park Assist, (UKC) Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert and (UFG) Rear Cross Traffic Alert
1 - Requires (PCL) Convenience Package. 2WD models include (V76) front recovery hooks.
2 - 2WD models include (V76) front recovery hooks. Included with (PDF) LTZ Plus Package, (PDK) LTZ Premium Package or (PDL) LTZ Texas Edition.

47 minutes ago, shbm24 said:

This doesnt come up on the GMC build site yet I seen reference on the Edmund's review video.  Is it not an option on the SLTs and Denalis?

GMC calls it ProGrade Trailiering System.  Available on SLE and Elevation, standard SLT, AT4 and Denali.

ZL6 ProGrade Trailering System, includes (PZ8) Hitch Guidance with hitch view and (U1D) In-vehicle Trailering App
1 - Requires (PDQ) SLE Preferred Package. Also requires (NHT) Max Trailering Package or (Z82) Trailering Package and (JL1) Trailer brake controller. Includes (PTT) Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor System.
2 - All features of (ZL6) Pro Grade Trailering are included within SLT / AT4 / Denali however the code of “ZL6” is not utilized for these PEGS and therefore will not be included on any ordering materials or within any systems.

Edited by newdude

You can get the power folding mirrors on Trail Boss if you opt for the Safety Package as Newdude stated above.

The Trail Boss is an 2LT

You can also Get the power folding mirrors on an 1LT.... again by adding the Safety Package.

3 hours ago, GMC-AT said:

those mirrors do power fold correct? 

3 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

Yes

2 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

You can get the power folding mirrors on Trail Boss if you opt for the Safety Package as Newdude stated above.

The Trail Boss is an 2LT

You can also Get the power folding mirrors on an 1LT.... again by adding the Safety Package.

No power fold.  Its the DLF power/heated mirror with LTZ features as mentioned above in my other post.  Power fold is not one of those features.  Just the blind spot indicator glass, and the task light on the front.  Can confirm from the LT I drove with the safety pack last night.  Only mirror buttons on the door panel were for adjusting the mirrors.   

Why not the trailer backing capability now in Ford trucks.  This might actually be useful. 

Unlike many systems that are developed by suppliers and shopped around to carmakers, Ford developed it and holds two patents for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro