Onstar experts I need your help

Hey guys .. I had been lurking around the forum for long time today I decided to finally join , currently own a 2010 Silverado and a Hummer h2 .  The hummer is a 2004 I’m the 2nd owner the previous owner disconnected onstar , I figure since the change to digital he no longer used it . Today I started doing some research on what’s needed to bring back my onstar , my question is, can I get a 06 module from another h2 and using a tech2 reprogram to my vin ? Do I need to replace the antenna or is the older antenna capable of getting the digital signal ?Please help me if you can .... I had seen other 04 and 05 hummers with a Active service just never asked how they did this .....

Edited by Gmlife

There was a bulletin describing all the applicable vehicles and requirements for the digital upgrade. The bulletin has been removed since the program ended in 2015. 2003-2004 H2 were included but that's all I can see.

3 hours ago, tbarn said:

There was a bulletin describing all the applicable vehicles and requirements for the digital upgrade. The bulletin has been removed since the program ended in 2015. 2003-2004 H2 were included but that's all I can see.

As far as i had been told the ugrade is possible  . its amazing that no one on the onstar side can provide any solid info ... the guy thats willing to do the VIN swap for me (free) is not sure if i need to change the antenna to a newer shark fin style one .... IF i go to the onstar site and enter my vin the system tells me that its not suported since its older than 2006 , im afraid that even after i do the vin swap it wont work ...

14 hours ago, tbarn said:

I checked with the dealer I retired from to see if they still had a hard copy of the bulletin but they did not.

Thanks for checking ... the guy that’s helping me told me today he now has all we need for the swap ,basically told me to get a 06 or newer module and he will take care of the rest.. basically what he’s doing it’s almost the same process that was done back when the upgrade package was available , I’m keeping my fingers crossed... once again thank you ,, hope you all have a good nig

Edited by Gmlife