T1 Refresh

I personally love the new design.  I think the 10 speed transmission is great.  I love the interior compared to my 14 Chevy.  Feels more roomy, and way more features.  I'm also coming from the LT 5.3 to the Denali with the 6.2.  My last truck was the 2017 Titan XD with the 5.0.  That thing shifted much harder than the new GM.  This thing is a dream to drive compared to that.  The MPG is much better as well.  Feels much snappier when you hit the gas.  I love the HUD, sunroof, and the heated/cooled seats work much better in the GM, than in the Nissan. 

After deciding I was going back to a gas truck, I drove all the new half tons.  Really liked the Dodge interior, but read a lot of bad reviews on the quality of them.  Liked the Ford as well, but knew they would be coming out with a new truck in the next year or so, and didn't want to have one that felt outdated in a year.  Took the new Denali for a ride, and after 15 minutes in it, I knew it was going to be an expensive test drive.  I waited for a few days, till I could find the 6.2, and I still get all giddy every time I get in it.  Is there a few little things I'd change if I were designing it?  yea, but there's no perfect truck for everyone. 

It is a little premature to speculate on what we'd like to see in a refresh, imo!  I would love to see a proposal from a naysayer of the new interiors for what he/she thinks would be an improvement.  I have yet to see a current truck's interior that in more appealing than the '19 GM!

5 hours ago, NWI Denali said:

I wouldnt hold your breath for new engine offerings in a T1 mid-cycle refresh. They already rolled out with 2 brand new engines that still arent even on lots yet lol. As stated already by some others, the Hemi is a port injected iron block from 2009. The Tundra 5.7 is unchanged since 2007. Ford is the only one who feels the need to completely overhaul and redesign engines every 3-5yrs. Shoot, back in the 90s, engine runs went 10 yrs+. The 6.2 is all the power you neer in a pickup. GM just needs to fine tune the trans...

I wouldn't expect new engines either, except there needs to be an electric / hybrid option for MY 2020, 2021 at the latest.  I won't buy it, but how can they abandon the market they created just as it's getting popular?

I do expect to see more 10 speed availability though.  

For the money they want for these trucks it needs to be what I consider a perfect truck.  The sad part is, all the parts are there for my perfect truck but Chevy won't put it together the way I want it.  The configuration is available from every other manufacture, but I don't like their trucks.  

First world problems.