2019 2500HD & 3500HD Regular Cab Pickup

I have plowed snow with a Chevy 2500 or 3500 truck since 1973. That said I have purchased 17 Chevy trucks thru the years being a loyal customer. Now, for 2019, some GM Exec

has decided not to build a 2019 Regular Cab 2500HD nor 3500HD pickup. After over 75 years of building a truck like this, Chevy is not building it. How stupid is this?

That being said, I have gone to over 6 dealerships in the Detroit area looking for an 2018 new 2500HD, and most Chevy Dealership salesman do not even know this.

I talked to Customer service, and you get the sympathetic "we are sorry" and asked for a GM person to call me and explain their reasoning for their decision. They said 24-48 hours. That hasn't happened either. So, recapping this, Chevrolet Salesmen and Women do not know that GM is not making Regular Cab 2500HD and 3500HD, and the message that I am receiving from GM, that its ok to go and buy a Ford or a Dodge, as we will not be building one, and leaving us snow plowers with nothing to buy from GM. Yes, they make a 2500HD and 3500HD in Crew Cab form, but I need a regular cab with a 8' box to put an insert salt spreader in that can carry 2 ton of salt. We need a short turning radius truck to maneuver in small parking lots. I cannot even buy a cab and chassis for a regular cab truck. Crew Cab trucks will not work for me Chevrolet. GM pushes their trucks at Auto Shows, only to let down their own customers like me after all these years. Shame on you Chevrolet as are letting down thousands of your customers.

Don’t know what options your looking for but George White Chevrolet in Ames Iowa has a 6.0 2500HD work truck link below. Also try Karl Chevrolet in Ankeny largest “fleet” dealer in Iowa (& maybe the Midwest) had a 3500HD couple months ago when I was looking and a couple chassis trucks. They do one price sales couple times a year that’s the time to buy at Karls it probably be worth your drive.

Like posted above reg cabs should be back with the 20s and hopefully still with the 6.0 guessing the reg cabs got nixed to build th 019 LDs.

https://www.georgewhiteames.com/VehicleDetails/new-2018-Chevrolet-Silverado_2500HD-Regular_Cab_Long_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_Work_Truck-Ames-IA/3295298193

• 1 month later...

To the person that mentioned Regular Cab 2500HD and 3500HD sales being down, and its cheaper to manufacturer a crew cab-------well that's ridiculous. More materials= more cost. My original post was to show that GM IS making a Regular Cab in a 1500 series. Its the same cab that's used in a 2500 series, so no retooling costs there. Same rear axle in the 2500HD Crew Cab s. Same 8 foot box on 1500 series that they are producing, so where is all the retooling costs? the Frame????  The frame on a crew cab with 6.5' bed is very close to a frame on a Regular Cab, long box anyway. I went to a GM Legands banquet last Monday at the GM Heritage Center, and the man from GM said they were making the Regular Cab truck next year, so why wait a year, if it was cost prohibitive? I still believe they dropped the ball. in years past, they still built the 2500 regular cab trucks when the new models came out, they just continued with the old model, and called them new old ones.

All Ram regular cab trucks are currently in the process of disappearing, regular cab trucks are not at the price point they want their trucks to start selling at, per Ram (Fiat) trucks. I like and run regular cab trucks, usually the basic GM work truck.

Edited by Tennessee Cattleman

It is really something, when after 100+ years building trucks with a regular cab, truck builders are going to dis the very same product that got them to where they are now. Its shame that soccer moms that want all the bells and whistles and a 4 door to move their kids to practice, actually dictate the way trucks are build? A truck was made to work! That was what the main purpose of it was made for. Now, just because more women want a fancy truck, should not mean that GM just drops a line completely for one year. That's all they are doing it for, 1 year. There is no logical explanation to why they did this, or at least none they are willing to explain to me. As I have explained before it is not $$$ on tooling, as they already have the cab in the 1500, and all the axle components in the crew cab. its not about lack of interest, as they are building it for 2020. Oh well, can't beat a dead horse on here, just waiting for some GM Engineer to have the guts to explain to me their decision.