Hello from Utah

Brian715

Long time reader, decided to sign up today.  Always had GM trucks. 

First was an 89 1500 extended cab z71, Red with running boards.  We 454 swapped it and it was a riot. 

Next was a 88 extended cab long bed.  Good run around truck but sold it when I got my 99. 

99 Silverado 1500 single cab work truck.   Engine was seized so I dropped a classifieds engine in it.  Had a hide-a-ball in it and was a great truck until I bought my 06 Silverado from my work. It had 290,000 miles on it and had 0 oil prrssure at idle but the price was right. My uncle had got a 00 suburban that was wrecked and he only needed the trans so I got the engine. It got a cam and lifters and I used the L33 heads that were originally on the truck. I got a set of 285/70/17s from my neighbor at a good price and turned the t-bars a little to level out the truck. The tires haven't rubbed at all. I also got a set of air bags and a 5th wheel hitch for it to pull my 5200lb camper. It now has 306,000 on it and runs great. It pulls good but I'm sure the trans will let go sometime as it wasn't 100% when I got it.  The limited slip in the rear end doesn't work properly and I'm afraid to open the cover and see what falls out lol.  It's got 3.42s that I would love to swap out for 4.10s but cruising at 1500rpms on the freeway is pretty nice.  Anyway thanks for letting me join and hope I can help out some folks and be helped when I need.