Any Suburban with GM mysterious Shakes?

I have been anal about smooth rides, understanding that my Suburban with factory 22" was a gamble but I thought the vibrations were a bit much for just size of tire/rim. I then learned about all the "GM shakes" issues and read that most people mentioning these issues were Silverado owners so I questioned how many Suburban/Yukon/Tahoe owners have issues also.

So far I am only two wheel balancing services into this adventure but wanted to find out if my issues are more unique to my vehicle versus joining the truck group for their common issue

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My brand new 2018 Suburban with 22" wheels has a mild case of this, but I knew about these issues in advance. I was looking for a Burb with very specific options and not thousands of extra dollars of junk I didn't want. I had hope to avoid the 22's, but an identical spec truck with 20's had just been sold so just went with the one with 22's. Mine only hits a resonance at around 66 mph, but is pretty smooth and quiet above and below that, so I'm not gonna touch it. Took it for a thorough test drive before buying. Nobody in my family even notices or seems to care, and it's easy with the HUD to manage speed and just avoid 66. The best solution is to swap the factory Bridgestones with one of the two Michelin options, or do that AND go down to the 20" wheels, although you can have the dealership replace the "bad" Bridgestones too and have them RFB them. Apparently they can't replace factory tires with the Michelins. 

Fortunately my "shakes" aren't bad enough to require any sort of pre-emptive intervention, so I think I'm just going to ride out the Bridgestones and eventually replace them with the Michelins when they're worn enough. Not perfect, but happy for now. :)