Looking to upgrade non projector bulbs

I have a 2014 silverado with reflector housings and fog lights, I am currently looking to upgrade my bulbs in both to a much brighter bulb, and I want the colors to match as I run my fogs with my lows all the time, i considered led/hid but I don't want to blind everyone and I can't afford to do a retrofit ect... I have looked on here for bulb suggestions but alot of the posts seem dated and newer variations have come about since.

In my 2015 CC I run Sylvania zXe lights in all three. They’re pretty bright and don’t give that blue tint like other super bright bulbs.

Sent from my cellular device via a chat app thingy.

6 minutes ago, TX LIMO said:

In my 2015 CC I run Sylvania zXe lights in all three. They’re pretty bright and don’t give that blue tint like other super bright bulbs.

Do you run normal bulbs or did you cut tabs to run other sizes? I read if you run others the wattage is higher

14 and 15 headlights are the worst. They are so bad that I think there should be a recall. 

I upgraded my 15 Sierra SLT with a HID kit from the retrofit source. BIG difference. 

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/2014-sierra-morimoto-elite.html?carDisplay=2015+GMC+Sierra+(w%2F+Projector+Lights)&preselect=47338%2C51822%2C54433&preselect_restrict=1

Edited by Baldhills

4 minutes ago, Baldhills said:

14 and 15 headlights are the worst. They are so bad that I think there should be a recall. 

I upgraded my 15 Sierra SLT with a HID kit from the retrofit source. BIG difference. 

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/2014-sierra-morimoto-elite.html?carDisplay=2015+GMC+Sierra+(w%2F+Projector+Lights)&preselect=47338%2C51822%2C54433&preselect_restrict=1

I have non projectors in my silverado, i love hids but i dont want to blind everyone and i cant afford to retrofit projectors and i dont really want aftermarket headlight housings that look cheap

Do you run normal bulbs or did you cut tabs to run other sizes? I read if you run others the wattage is higher

Just the recommended size sylvania silveratar zXe.

I have a set of 2014 reflector head lights that I done a retrofit with morimoto projectors if you are interested. I just traded the truck in and got a 18 don’t have a use for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here is a quick pic.90d41c7479796e82a12917264458d22c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, 14 Silvy said:

I have a set of 2014 reflector head lights that I done a retrofit with morimoto projectors if you are interested. I just traded the truck in and got a 18 don’t have a use for them.

Pm me info on them and price

I have non projectors in my silverado, i love hids but i dont want to blind everyone and i cant afford to retrofit projectors and i dont really want aftermarket headlight housings that look cheap

If the lights are aimed properly there is no problem. The kit is a quality kit, not cheap at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I did the same thing. I’m trying to get my father in law to upgrade his 14 Sierra to the same.

If the lights are aimed properly there is no problem. The kit is a quality kit, not cheap at all.

They are aimed properly I took my time on doing it and the out blows the stock lights out of the water.

They are aimed properly I took my time on doing it and the out blows the stock lights out of the water.

I agree. The hid kit is far superior.

I upgraded my 14 Sierra with Morimoto D2S 4.0 projectors with 5500K bulbs and they are AWESOME. The retrofit wasn't hard, did both headlights on a Saturday. Also got the Morimoto LED fog lights and it matches perfectly. Cost me around $500 for full HID retrofit AND LED fogs, which is fair considering what an upgrade it is.