Ugh, First Accident!

Good luck getting parts if you happen to need them. I was involved in a hit and run a few weeks ago (got him on camera). Dented my front bumper. Got a call today that parts are about 3 weeks out. I guess it’s to to be expected....

I am having my front bumper and right front corner components replaced due to a deer accident. GM sent my dealership 3 bumpers right off the line. My High Country

requires the bumper to be painted and your TrailBoss should be the same. Give Shaheen Chevrolet in Lansing Michigan a call. Their main parts department by the Bodyshop

which is on MLK Blvd has the other 2 bumpers as far as I know right now.

Edited by Rocz3cqg
  • Like 1

Welcome to the club, some guy took out my K2's painted bumper with a sail boat trailer at the gas pumps in September. Since it is drivable, insurance has basically held me off. Incident was 2 months ago to the day and I haven't even got approval yet and wait times are 1-2 months for body work here. My personal trucks are CLEAN, it hurts and pains me to drive it like this looking like a complete dummy who cant drive. My friends laugh and say its a small dent and scratch but to me, the world ended that day. My estimate from GM to replace bumper and fog light moulding (Morimoto fogs didn't get hit) was $2,612.67 CAD ($1,973.51 USD)

Edited by L86 All Terrain

Total repair estimate is $3475. That includes the PPF and ceramic coating being redone, but I’ll have to wait 30 days after paint and hope I don’t get a rock chip in the mean time. I’m going to see if the body shop will spray it a little heavy in hopes it adds some durability. 

List for the bumper unpainted was $600, without any brackets or plastic pieces. 

On 11/14/2018 at 1:58 PM, Sierra Dan said:

Chuck,

Just throw one of these on it :

2019-chevy-silverado-1500-front-bumpers.

Wonder what the weight of that thing is. With the lift tires and extra weight it would probably drop the fuel efficiency to 10 mpg lol. 

14 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

Welcome to the club, some guy took out my K2's painted bumper with a sail boat trailer at the gas pumps in September. Since it is drivable, insurance has basically held me off. Incident was 2 months ago to the day and I haven't even got approval yet and wait times are 1-2 months for body work here. My personal trucks are CLEAN, it hurts and pains me to drive it like this looking like a complete dummy who cant drive. My friends laugh and say its a small dent and scratch but to me, the world ended that day. My estimate from GM to replace bumper and fog light moulding (Morimoto fogs didn't get hit) was $2,612.67 CAD ($1,973.51 USD)

I hear ya. It made me sick to come out and see it. Mine was a minimal dent too but I keep my trucks spotless so it was definitely a big deal to me. 

10 hours ago, Cmillerjr said:

Wonder what the weight of that thing is. With the lift tires and extra weight it would probably drop the fuel efficiency to 10 mpg lol. 

Who cares about fuel economy?

At least you would win in a head on collision with a Moose! :thumbs:   LOL

• Like 3