2018 silverado eassist lifted

• 6 months later...

I’ve been inquiring also since i also have a Eassiat 4x4. According to Procomp and Rough Country, their kits aren’t compatible. Superlift said the same thing when I mentioned that to them. If FabTec worked on your truck then I’ll go with FabTec also. Is your’s the Gen 1 or Gen 2 lift? Also, can I install Bilstiens 5100’s and does everything pertaining to Eassist still work as it should after you lifted yours?  Also did the kit come with a brake line and did they use it. Thanks for your help. I really would like to lift mine.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/11/2019 at 1:31 PM, Ricardo Rodriguez said:

I’ve been inquiring also since i also have a Eassiat 4x4. According to Procomp and Rough Country, their kits aren’t compatible. Superlift said the same thing when I mentioned that to them. If FabTec worked on your truck then I’ll go with FabTec also. Is your’s the Gen 1 or Gen 2 lift? Also, can I install Bilstiens 5100’s and does everything pertaining to Eassist still work as it should after you lifted yours?  Also did the kit come with a brake line and did they use it. Thanks for your help. I really would like to lift mine.

I just finished lifting my 2018 eAssisted Silverado. I went with an 8 inch Superlift, 24 MotoMetal with -76 offset, Amp Terrain Attack 35x13.50's, and Bilstein Shocks front and back. The installation went smoothly, no issues at all, the ride is better than stock.

mqzqFRTw.jpeg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Older thread but still throwing in my experience. I put a 6" Fabtech suspension lift with 20x10 Fuels and 35" K02s on my 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT w/ eAssist. I also installed a Volant cold air intake, and a custom exhaust. The main thing that caused problems was the intake because of the location of the coolant reservoir not normally in that spot but there because of the hybrid battery. Just had to get creative with moving it out of the way a couple inches. There was rubbing from the wheels but that stopped after I removed the stock fender flares and installed some Rough Country flares. With all the work done, I then added a Range AFM Disabler to run on 8 cylinders at all times. In hindsight, I would not have gotten the eAssist but that's all the dealer had coming on the truck at the time and it's worked out okay.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone used a speedometer calibrator on their eAssist after bigger tires? I got a Hypertech Calibrator but the hardware doesn't have it programmed for the eAssist and the software couldn't find compatible settings in the internet sync, so it sent my system specs back to Hypertech for the engineers to look at. I imagine not too many eAssist owners lift their trucks so they don't have enough demand to calibrate for eAssist ECUs. 

UPDATE: Hypertech added availability within a few hours of the automated request from the software. Speedometer is now calibrated!

Edited by tp503
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tp503 said:

UPDATE: Hypertech added availability within a few hours of the automated request from the software. Speedometer is now calibrated!

What is this speedometer calibrator of which you type?

31 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

What is this speedometer calibrator of which you type?

It's just called the Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator. Was $170 on Amazon. I'm in the middle of trial and error right now to get it perfect. I have 35's but entering that didn't give me a correct reading. Now stepping down in 1/4" increments to find where it registers accurate speed.

• Like 1

Just now, tp503 said:

It's just called the Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator. Was $170 on Amazon. I'm in the middle of trial and error right now to get it perfect. I have 35's but entering that didn't give me a correct reading. Now stepping down in 1/4" increments to find where it registers accurate speed.

Thanks, I, also, have 35s. I'll take a look at it, much appreciated!
My MaxiSys Elite can only change the tire type and pressures but no speedo re-calibration and the guy at the Chevy dealership mentioned it wasn't possible at the dealership.
Again, thanks!

30 minutes ago, MikeBMW said:

Thanks, I, also, have 35s. I'll take a look at it, much appreciated!
My MaxiSys Elite can only change the tire type and pressures but no speedo re-calibration and the guy at the Chevy dealership mentioned it wasn't possible at the dealership.
Again, thanks!

I am VERY close at 33.50" (the actual measurement from ground to top of tire right now). If I go to 33.25" I think it will be perfect. Each tweak takes me about 20 minutes - revert to stock then load new settings then drive and compare to Google Maps speedometer.

Edited by tp503
  • Like 1