General Grabber apt

Has anyone had any experience with the general grabber apt tires ?  I'm thinking of going with 275/70/18 which I think is the max tire size you can run with a  leveling kit on stock rims ..  are these tires any good ? Thanks Matt 

https://generaltire.com/tires/light-trucksuv/grabber-apt

17 minutes ago, Matash said:

Has anyone had any experience with the general grabber apt tires ?  I'm thinking of going with 275/70/18 which I think is the max tire size you can run with a  leveling kit on stock rims ..  are these tires any good ? Thanks Matt 

https://generaltire.com/tires/light-trucksuv/grabber-apt

Falken Wildpeak AT3W is the go to AT tires these days.  The new Jeep Gladiator has them standard.  Have had them on my truck for 2 years and they are great tires.  Check them out!

Some of the reviews I’ve read said the winter traction was terrible with the APT. 

Today, I ordered LT265/70/18 General Grabber ATXs to run as winter tires. The reviews on their snow traction makes them sound promising. They are very similar to BFG KO2. 

Edited by HoosierZ
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Matash said:

Not the APT, but did put the HTS60 265/65R18 on my RCSB a year ago. It's a great street tire - quiet with excellent traction. Great tire at a great price. I've been very pleased.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 12/3/2018 at 8:34 PM, brawls said:

Not the APT, but did put the HTS60 265/65R18 on my RCSB a year ago. It's a great street tire - quiet with excellent traction. Great tire at a great price. I've been very pleased.

I had the Grabber HDs on a work van and was very surprised how good of a tire it was, best all year commercial tire I've used.  We get a lot of snow and it did better than I thought it would.  

Also curious about the APT. Only non LT 275/70r18 tire out there.  11" wide on a 8.0 rim and 33.2" tall. Sounds like a great fit for stock wheels, may need a level. 

Edited by Yondu

• 2 weeks later...

I have been been running a set of APTs in stock size on my 2018 LTZ for about 12k miles so far and have zero complaints with them. They ride quiet and smooth. I first went with a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers but took a huge hit on fuel mileage and then changed to these after about 2000 miles. I haven’t had them in any snow or ice yet but they are great on dry and rainy roads and we have had some torrential rain storms that I have driven through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 6:58 AM, thekevin said:

I have been been running a set of APTs in stock size on my 2018 LTZ for about 12k miles so far and have zero complaints with them. They ride quiet and smooth. I first went with a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers but took a huge hit on fuel mileage and then changed to these after about 2000 miles. I haven’t had them in any snow or ice yet but they are great on dry and rainy roads and we have had some torrential rain storms that I have driven through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any pics?

Thanks!

I have the APTs in standard 18" size, P rated. Have about 15k kms on them. Very good in dry or wet roads & gravel, OK in the one mud encounter. As good or better than any other a/t I've had on trucks & ten times better than the useless SRTs.

Don't believe the snowflake rating though, they are no better than any regular all terrain tyre in snow or ice & definitely not like a winter tyre but I already have winters on old rims. I didn't see how a 60k mile warranty would go hand in hand with a winter tyre performance, it doesn't.

Sent using Tapatalk - 2014 5.3 WT

Thanks for the info.  The main draw for me is that you can get them in 275/70r18 (33.2") standard load.  Every other tire in this size is LT.

Should make for a really nice ride, how do you feel their on road performance is?

I've had some aggressive AT tires like the Hankook Dynapro ATM that were really bad in the snow, so these being more all season than AT will probably be a good thing. 

• 3 years later...