Ball bearings in the dash

Location, location, location. Can't tell you how many times I had customer complain of rattle noise from the cluster or glove box area. Only to find the sun visor unclipped and rattling.

Edited by tbarn
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Found the issue it's in the headliner where the sunglasses holder is the flat plate behind that where the light switch is it pops right off small flat screw driver there was a screw rolling around up there it does sound like it's in the dash but it's not 2 minute fix. Theres 2 screws that holds that on save the screw 

Thanks a mill Geezerglide16, just fixed my "roller bearing in dash like annoying sound", I own a 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab and my first task was removing the front trim piece of the dash, finding nothing loose, then looked up for info (my mistake should have looked first) but I was so sure that it was in the passenger side front part of the dash I couldn't keep my self from taking stuff apart. After reading this post, removed the trim piece next to the sunglass holder and sure enough one screw fell down  after putting it back where it belonged checked the other screw and it was loose too (pics attached). Thanks to this forum and Geezerglide16 again!!

IMG_3126.jpg

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3129.jpg

IMG_3130.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Lol, thank you, wonderful thread!   Same thing here this last week on my 2018, def sounded like passenger dash but alas the sunglass holder section was loose and it fell out and its partner was ready to go next.  I guess they just rattle loose after a few years.

....I put some loctite on those b*tches.   It's a bit tricky to replace the screws since it's hard to see, but well worth the effort.

• 6 months later...