I suddenly began hearing what sounds like a ball bearing rolling around behind the face of the dash in my 2018 Silverado. I've checked every space I could access inside the cab and in the engine compartment, but nothing was found. Anybody have a similar issue? 

Could be something like a nut from a tree got into the HVAC system.  Had leaves get in my blower in a previous vehicle and made a bad noise. No idea how they got in there.

Uncle years ago had a rattle in the door of a new car.

Dealer found a Coke bottle in the door with a note inside the bottle that said something like "you found me"

:)

• Like 1

I laughed when I read this because in my day it would most likely be ball bearings or marbles down the vents.  We often lost "steelies" or marbles in the car! (and we were allowed to sit in the front seat!) :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donstar said:

I laughed when I read this because in my day it would most likely be ball bearings or marbles down the vents.  We often lost "steelies" or marbles in the car! (and we were allowed to sit in the front seat!) :-)

Dang...haven’t heard or even read the word “steelies” for probably 45 years. Thanks for the memories 👍👍👍

9 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Dang...haven’t heard or even read the word “steelies” for probably 45 years. Thanks for the memories 👍👍👍

How 'bout "aggies"?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, duquephart said:

How 'bout "aggies"?

Other than those guys from Texas...no but they were second to only the Steelies! Ah the good ole days 😁

23 minutes ago, SS502 said:

I'm with ya.

Cat eye's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diyer2 said:

I'm with ya.

Cat eye's.

Bumble Bees. Mustard & Ketchup. This could take all day.

1 hour ago, duquephart said:

Bumble Bees. Mustard & Ketchup. This could take all day.

Good ones! Tradesies?     … I hope Geezerglide16 is finding this information helpful!

Sounds like the grandkids dropped something in the vent. (nasty little buggers I do not let them in my truck) Might be a good opportunity to purchase a borescope they make them now that connect right up to your smartphone for CHEAP  Check this one out     https://www.amazon.com/DEPSTECH-Semi-Rigid-Inspection-Megapixels-Waterproof/dp/B06WRNGYXY/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_469_lp_t_3/144-4291733-7538323?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=K4G9036R4HMB55X0EMGV   

Might find like a million dollar rare coin in there Hahahahaha 

Thanks for the link...just ordered it. My wife and I are the only ones who ever ride in the truck, and we never put anything on the dash. I'm betting its a screw or something that came loose inside the heating duct.