Bed bar/sport bar

Im tossing around the idea of adding a sport bar or bed bar with 50in led light bar. My problem/question is i have a soft trifold tonneau cover on that i want to keep on it, does anyone have a bar with a trifold or know wt type of bar i could use. I see the above wind shield types but i dont want them as they would block the view of my added smoked cablights (which look awesome)

20181204_165858.jpg

I think only the roll up covers work with the sports bars and even most of those need some additional work to properly seal them when used with the sports bars.  I don't think any of them leave enough space to do the last fold. 

Heres a good picture of how they mount to see if you can make it work with your current tonneu

DSCN0079.JPG

There is a pretty in depth thread discussing which work and what mods people have done.

My truck came with the factory bar without lights.  I added my own bars after the fact because the GM kit is over a grand for 2 little 8" flood lights and a replacement headlight switch.  I went with combo beam optics for my two 12" on the roof.  Floods Waste a lot of lite on the roof and you end up with a big shadow in front of your truck.  I had to add a 20" led bar in the bumper to supplement the factory headlights.

If you go with the factory sports bar I recomend getting one that mounts from the bottom and not the ends since it already has mounting holes drilled into the top plate.

bhqJVxG.jpg

Rough contry and GORhino also make sports bars for the trucks but they look wierd to me because they go above the roof line and have weird notches to not block the center mount brake light.  The GM one uses a a separate light and disables the one on the truck.  They all seem to taper in at the same angle so I think your going to run into the problem of not being able to fold it the third time with your cover.

6273_2_lg.jpg

xQoeWaCSLn._UX900_TTW__.jpg

24 minutes ago, Crazyjoker77 said:

I think only the roll up covers work with the sports bars and even most of those need some additional work to properly seal them when used with the sports bars.  I don't think any of them leave enough space to do the last fold. 

Heres a good picture of how they mount to see if you can make it work with your current tonneu

DSCN0079.JPG

There is a pretty in depth thread discussing which work and what mods people have done.

My truck came with the factory bar without lights.  I added my own bars after the fact because the GM kit is over a grand for 2 little 8" flood lights and a replacement headlight switch.  I went with combo beam optics for my two 12" on the roof.  Floods Waste a lot of lite on the roof and you end up with a big shadow in front of your truck.  I had to add a 20" led bar in the bumper to supplement the factory headlights.

If you go with the factory sports bar I recomend getting one that mounts from the bottom and not the ends since it already has mounting holes drilled into the top plate.

bhqJVxG.jpg

Rough contry and GORhino also make sports bars for the trucks but they look wierd to me because they go above the roof line and have weird notches to not block the center mount brake light.  The GM one uses a a separate light and disables the one on the truck.  They all seem to taper in at the same angle so I think your going to run into the problem of not being able to fold it the third time with your cover.

6273_2_lg.jpg

xQoeWaCSLn._UX900_TTW__.jpg

Crazyjoker thank you! Its hard to find some info here, thanks this really helps

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 4/6/2019 at 2:13 AM, ETMC said:

Here's a 50" led rough country led bar on the GM sportbar. Still working on the wiring.

LBTB.jpg

Nice looking truck! ??

How did you mount the 50” light to the sport bar? I’m currently trying to decide which size light bar to add to my truck. The mounting plate is only about 44”. And I’m assuming you’ve finished the wiring by now. How did you end up running everything? Thanks!