1500 front end on 2500?

Has anyone swapped the front clip of a 1500 Chevy LTZ onto a 2500? I really like the look of the 2018 Chevy 1500's, but you can't get the 6'-6" bed on the 1500 crew cab.... Does anyone know if the rest of the body lines would line up? Any pictures of the swap? I also like the tail lights on the 1500 LTZ better too.... Would those be a direct swap? 

I have a CC 1500 with a 6'6" box and my local dealer has a  couple on their lot now that aren't selling too quickly!  Your dealer should be able to find you a truck without Frankensteining a 2500.  I prefer the 6'6 over the 8' and 5'8".  I have owned all three sizes on past trucks.  They each have their pros and cons but none of the cons would discourage me from buying an otherwise nice truck!  

I for one still want to know if anyone has converted a 2500 to appear like the '16-18 1500's. I haven't had the trucks side by side to compare, but I do know that I owned a current style HD that I would certainly try to go that route.

Edited by carkhz316

18 minutes ago, carkhz316 said:

I for one still want to know if anyone has converted a 2500 to appear like the '12-18 1500's. I haven't had the trucks side by side to compare, but I do know that I owned a current style HD that I would certainly try to go that route.

It could be done if you had custom brackets made or modified for the bumper of the 1500 to fit the 2500 frame and put the 1500 grill on the 2500. 

Thanks for the replies.... I wasn't aware that you could get the 6'-6" bed on a 1500.....but I guess that one day... I may be looking for a unicorn when I am ready to upgrade from my 05 Duramax

45 minutes ago, Bboozer said:

Thanks for the replies.... I wasn't aware that you could get the 6'-6" bed on a 1500.....but I guess that one day... I may be looking for a unicorn when I am ready to upgrade from my 05 Duramax

The 1500 Standard Box 6'6" bed isn't a unicorn truck around here but definitely not as common as the short box.  My local dealer has 5 of the standard box in the Denali Trim.  4 are 2018s and 1 is a 2019.  Like you I have a '07 LBZ Duramax with just over 100k miles.  Still in great shape but I may not be towing as much as I do now in the near future.  If that's the case I may find myself selling the LBZ and getting a 6.2L 1500 Standard Box.

Edited by SouthCo

• 4 years later...

I’m looking to do this conversion myself this summer.  I happen to have a clean 1500 front clip from a 2015 and likewise I happen to have a 2015 2500 in need of a front clip.  

Just starting to look into this.  Do anyone know where an active forum or a past forum that discussed this topic in detail they can point me toward? 

TIA 

RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED