Need help with part numbers. HMI Module and Radio Module

This is a great forum with lots of good information. This is my first post. I know there's another post that goes into great detail on the topic of adding Android Auto to the 2014 model trucks. I have read all the way through it and am still somewhat in the dark as far as module part numbers for my application. Maybe there are others with the same question as me. This may also help them.

My truck is a 2014 GMC Sierra with factory navigation and Bose system. I want to upgrade the HMI module and radio module to the 2016 versions and have them programmed for Android Auto. I understand I will also need to change the USB hub. In my case I'd like to also have factory Navigation available. My question to you guys is what part numbers for each of the modules needed. I am aware that Android Auto beats factory Nav hands down but I still want to keep it. I will appreciate any help. Thanks.

Thanks Magpie! I've followed your post on this subject but was still unsure as to what I needed for my application. Great work, I can go looking again with a little more wisdom.

2 hours ago, th3magpi3 said:

Radio - 84278527 (Bose)

HMI - Any 2.5 HMI with a blue J7 connector will work. 

USB - 13509942

Magpie, Is the blue connector you mention like the one shown below? Thanks.

s-l1600.jpg

• 10 months later...

HMU I have hmi2.5 with navigation, 3 different Bose radio modules and a cdplayer if needed and couple 8in screens with Digital AC controls Please verify they are compatible before purchasing ? PayPal ready too! 325$ for 1-hmi2.5 with navi, 1-radio module and 1-screen with blue lighting. If u want the CD player add 50$8E5D2E1B-19C3-438A-8A0D-F544A5FEEFE2.thumb.jpeg.b450a0d58696a2045345877d7ed82e80.jpeg

CEEBEC99-4DD6-4E0C-9CB3-9A7EA199259C.jpeg

Edited by Frankielozano214

• 2 months later...

I just bought a 2014 Silverado 4X4 LT with no options but does have I04 and I want to change to I06. Other options that I am adding is PW and PW but the dealer is giving me so much pushback. I bought the necessary GM parts including door panels and switches.  I don't care if the options are programmed into the BCM and prefer them to stand alone like older vehicles. I also bought the door harnesses to the "A" pillar but need the electrical connectors to extend the wiring from side to side. I bought pieces of "A" pillar body harnesses but can't get the pins removed after moving the retainer to one side. Is a double pick needed? Thx, Obi One 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/11/2018 at 10:28 PM, th3magpi3 said:

i05_i06_HMI_small.jpg.f1ba56c85faf6dbcfcdec9c615b1e7f0.jpg.ad41007eb003ae85fe710878e91688f0.jpg

Here's a graphic I did up. Should help you out. If you type IO6 in the search bar of whatever site you're looking on it should show you some proper options. 

I have the 2015 with 8” screen Bose, nav and dual zone auto HVAC.  I have read about the io6 hmi2.5 module and the usb but do I also need something else for the radio module or will my cure t work?

thanks in advance.