LS/SLE Trims?

I'm an old school guy. My take on it is that for myself personally I don't want any of the driver assist stuff on my truck. I don't want electronic dial shifters on the dash and stop start technology. To me that is a negative that I try to avoid like the plague, others love all and any new tech. Different strokes. I like the LS precisely because it's kind of basic. Sure it would be nice to cherry pick a couple of upscale options but not at the cost of getting stuck with a bunch of forced upon me nannies. Let me cherry pick the 6.2, the rear I want, maybe leather and some fog lights and it would be my perfect truck. The money isn't even my first priority, it's having a bunch of stuff I don't like being foisted upon me to get an engine or leather that will just probably not be pleasant to deal with when the warranty expires. I usually buy loaded hot rods but nannies aren't usually forced on you in that segment. Daily driver truck, I don't like being pestered by alerts all day. To each his own.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Reyetwinger said:

I'm an old school guy.

Yeah I'm an old school guy too, but like you say, different strokes.  I'm not opposed to technology that's going to help me be a better driver.  The safety features in these new trucks are second to none.  My eyesight is not like it used to be and if the truck is going to tell me when I inadvertently cross the line or get too close to another vehicle, then bring it on.  When I bought my new Tahoe in 2014 I was able to cherry pick, my LT is basically a Premier today without the MRS.  With saying that, the less technology, the less there is to break.  Since I've been on this forum, most of the complaints are from owners with the high end trucks.  

7 hours ago, The Zip said:

Yeah I'm an old school guy too, but like you say, different strokes.  I'm not opposed to technology that's going to help me be a better driver.  The safety features in these new trucks are second to none.  My eyesight is not like it used to be and if the truck is going to tell me when I inadvertently cross the line or get too close to another vehicle, then bring it on.  When I bought my new Tahoe in 2014 I was able to cherry pick, my LT is basically a Premier today without the MRS.  With saying that, the less technology, the less there is to break.  Since I've been on this forum, most of the complaints are from owners with the high end trucks.  

i agree.  safety is the big reason i buy new.  i drove an old k10 wih saddle tanks outside the frame rails for years, but when i started driving my kid to school i bought a battleship (crew 2500hd) with antilock, side curtain airbags, stability control, and a front bumper bigger than some kia sedans.

1 hour ago, i82much said:

i agree.  safety is the big reason i buy new.  i drove an old k10 wih saddle tanks outside the frame rails for years, but when i started driving my kid to school i bought a battleship (crew 2500hd) with antilock, side curtain airbags, stability control, and a front bumper bigger than some kia sedans.

Agree regarding safety. The thing with safety is it’s not just about me. Most of us here like to think we’re good drivers, and we probably are, but we can’t say the same for everyone else on the road. 

Here in NJ we get a lot of maniacs coming over the border from NY and I want as many safety devices as possible between them and me.

1 hour ago, Mandalorian said:

Agree regarding safety. The thing with safety is it’s not just about me. Most of us here like to think we’re good drivers, and we probably are, but we can’t say the same for everyone else on the road. 

Here in NJ we get a lot of maniacs coming over the border from NY and I want as many safety devices as possible between them and me.

It is amazing how much safer new cars have gotten in recent years.  I drove a 1965 GTO in the early 90's.  In the 25 years or so from 1965-1990, cars didn't get that much safer, really - other than disc brakes, I can't think of any reason a late 80's GM car is any safer than 1965 Pontiac.

Now compare cars made in 2015 to those made in 1990.  It's just unreal how many technologies have made driving safer.  Crumple zones, antilock, airbags, stability control, etc.  

As much as I would love to see my kid grow up driving a classic car like I did, there is no chance.  I will drive the old junk and let him drive a new car.  

Hey Guys, first post here. Wanted to chime in on this since I just ordered a '19 Yukon XL SLE.

I opted for the front row bench, heavy duty trailering, front tow hooks, and enhanced driver alert package. Not counting any factory rebates, the price is 53k. Im hoping rebates will bring it under 50 but we'll see. The standard SLE trim comes with Bose, front fog lights, proximity key, front and rear park assist, and those active aero shutter things. Suburban requires LT trim to add those items so I felt like going GMC gave me better value.

As far as the other issues, the front bench, hd trailering, and 18" wheels are exactly what I want out of a "truck". Hoping for a better ride from having more tire as well. I could have opted for the convenience packages but I never really have gotten used to power liftgates, etc. Not to mention no longer needing factory nav with android auto etc. The only "deal breaker" would have been heated seats but Ive decided to add aftermarket leather seats and heating elements. All three rows in "mahogany" leather is just under 2K. So Im a happy customer at $52K(depending on rebates on delivery).

Honestly my only complaint will remain the headlights. But that would require denali trim which is ridiculous... 

Edited by sydneyman

I've seriously considered doing a Tahoe LS with the Custom option, and Max Trailer package.  We had a midnight Custom on the lot, and I LOVED the third row delete, especially since that STUPID floor platform is yanked out of there as well.  Really opens up the backend. 

2 hours ago, sydneyman said:

I opted for the front row bench, ......So Im a happy customer at $52K(depending on rebates on delivery).

This is a great deal optioned out at 52K, compared to my truck I bought 5 yrs earlier optioned the same way for 55K.  Does the SLE come with a front row bench?

5 minutes ago, The Zip said:

This is a great deal optioned out at 52K, compared to my truck I bought 5 yrs earlier optioned the same way for 55K.  Does the SLE come with a front row bench?

It's an option. Takes 250 off the price of the truck too! The Bose subwoofer is relocated to the storage area, rear passenger climate controls are on the roof, and it adds lockable storage under the middle seat. 

33 minutes ago, newdude said:

I've seriously considered doing a Tahoe LS with the Custom option, and Max Trailer package.  We had a midnight Custom on the lot, and I LOVED the third row delete, especially since that STUPID floor platform is yanked out of there as well.  Really opens up the backend. 

Yeah the platform is ridiculous. Seems easy enough to remove as long as you can live with the third row step up. There's even carpet under there already.