Strobe light set ups

Hey All,

I’m looking for ideas on switch mounts and light mounts for strobe lights on our trucks. I am on a volunteer fire Dept and we are blue and white light authorized and am looking for ideas about where to mount the strobe lights on the front and rear. I really don’t want to drill and mount in the taillights, so that’s out. I am currently running 4 little bullet style lights in the grill and two in the rear steps, all white with a blue dash light facing forward. I’m looking to achieve more visibility and earning for driver I am approaching at night and during the day.

Some people just don’t pay attention or look in their mirrors to see upcoming or approaching emergency vehicles. Post up some pics and switch set ups if you have any.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a real nice set up. My truck is an SLT with the full center console so that switch set up is out for me. I also have a LED tailgate light strip so it would be nice to integrate that as well if it’s possible.

Has anyone used the speed turtle thing? I’m afraid it would mess with my HIDs.

I'm going to try and see if I can get this for the front, plus I'll throw a couple in the Fog Light. Rear will be in the Reverse Lights and Corner Bumper Steps.

http://www.fleetsafety.com/setina-led-push-bumper-pb-450-l-grill-guard-for-police-cars-suvs-trucks-and-vans/

When I was in LE, we started keeping all the emergency lights at or above dash level for visibility (and liability).  I would look at the LED inside the windshield types.  Either mounted on the dash or hung from top of windshield.  Lights mounted too low will not work will for you. Mounting inside protects your gear better.   Lots of options.  https://www.amazon.com/Intensity-Windshield-Emergency-Hazard-Warning-x/dp/B00GK9RDKK?th=1.  Good luck.  Be safe.  

13 hours ago, harbor said:

When I was in LE, we started keeping all the emergency lights at or above dash level for visibility (and liability).  I would look at the LED inside the windshield types.  Either mounted on the dash or hung from top of windshield.  Lights mounted too low will not work will for you. Mounting inside protects your gear better.   Lots of options.  https://www.amazon.com/Intensity-Windshield-Emergency-Hazard-Warning-x/dp/B00GK9RDKK?th=1.  Good luck.  Be safe.  

....and the good thing, you can move it from one vehicle to the next

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We run green and white here, I have a light strip in the night rider gap under the hood as well as 2 led strobes just below that. I didn't drill any holes to mount the lights. I used a flat metal bracket to sandwich the lights to the grill. My switch is mounted below the steering wheel near the bottom of the dash. I did drill a hole for that switch but its in a spot where its not noticeable. I have my radio antenna mounted in the roof so I figured 1 more hole didn't matter. I have never had an issue with holes drilled anywhere when I trade the truck in. 

IMG_0689.PNG

IMG_0690.PNG

IMG_0691.PNG

Edited by avgas
Added pics
  • Like 1

On 12/16/2018 at 9:14 PM, catpartsman said:

That’s a real nice set up. My truck is an SLT with the full center console so that switch set up is out for me. I also have a LED tailgate light strip so it would be nice to integrate that as well if it’s possible.

Has anyone used the speed turtle thing? I’m afraid it would mess with my HIDs.

If I’m not mistaken, the program lets you customize which lights flash and which do not. If so, just turn off the HID flashing - I would too because it will kill the bulbs. 

• 3 weeks later...
Speed Turtle 3.0, runs off factory cargo lamp switch with a double tap of the button. Works great for me so far. 

How long have you had it installed? Have you seen any issues with it at all? Error codes or bulbs burnt out? The reviews are just okay from what I’ve read at least. I’m just trying to avoid drilling holes for switches in the cab.

About two weeks. Minimal usage so far. I have heard the same regarding codes. Easy install, unplug four bcm plugs behind obd port and plug one end of harness in to those spots and the other end of the harness to the factory wires, 10min max.

Edited by cokedrvrbjw