2014 Silverado 4wd 4.3 Lifted

New to the forums here and I’m looking for some input from guys that have lifted 4.3L. I went this route due to fuel economy for work. Well I want to lift it now. I’m thinking a 6.5” Rough Country suspension lift with 35s

If anyone has this setup or close to it and can provide some information as to the fuel economy, power, and all around drivability it would be greatly appreciated.

FWIW - no I’m not going to buy a V8 or a 6.2. I’m happy with with the application I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, abninf101st said:

New to the forums here and I’m looking for some input from guys that have lifted 4.3L. I went this route due to fuel economy for work. Well I want to lift it now. I’m thinking a 6.5” Rough Country suspension lift with 35s

If anyone has this setup or close to it and can provide some information as to the fuel economy, power, and all around drivability it would be greatly appreciated.

FWIW - no I’m not going to buy a V8 or a 6.2. I’m happy with with the application I have.

I hv 17 Z71 3in front 2in rear level/lift 33x12.5s on the way with 4.3l

20181204_165858.jpg

• Like 1

I am a big fan of the 4.3.   It has decent power and delivers good gas mileage as a stock daily driver.  When pulling a load, it is still very capable, but becomes very thirsty.  Lifting your truck and adding considerable unsprung weight with such large/heavy wheels will probably bring your mpg's into the single digits.  

• Like 2

So let me get this you bought the smaller engine to save on gas and now want to lift and larger or more aggressive tires.
Some of bigger engines get go milage and lift doesn't help.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That’s how it started, now I’m in the f$&@ it mode why not

I am a big fan of the 4.3.   It has decent power and delivers good gas mileage as a stock daily driver.  When pulling a load, it is still very capable, but becomes very thirsty.  Lifting your truck and adding considerable unsprung weight with such large/heavy wheels will probably bring your mpg's into the single digits.  

I’m in insurance and travel around during storm season. Pulled a 28ft travel trailer loaded down from GA to NC and then down to south FL. It can certainly drink some gas under a load. I may need to consider a smaller set up. I’ve seen guys go this big with re gearing it. They claim it still will get 16-19 hwy miles

1 hour ago, abninf101st said:

That’s how it started, now I’m in the f$&@ it mode why not

1 hour ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

So let me get this you bought the smaller engine to save on gas and now want to lift and larger or more aggressive tires.
Some of bigger engines get go milage and lift doesn't help.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I had a 93 scsb z71 with 350 5.7L with 33x12.5 and it was rated under 200 horse and did fine, im not worried about my 4.3 rated just under 300

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gunslinger354 said:

I had a 93 scsb z71 with 350 5.7L with 33x12.5 and it was rated under 200 horse and did fine, im not worried about my 4.3 rated just under 300

Torque is what maters with 33's or 35's. Yeah, that's what I want. An underpowered, gas guzzling and slow 4x4.

When I was truck shopping, I drove a GMC with a 4.3. Shifted constantly when taxed. Can't imagine with another couple hundred pounds around the axles.

Edited by Hate Work

7 minutes ago, Hate Work said:

Torque is what maters with 33's or 35's. Yeah, that's what I want. An underpowered, gas guzzling and slow 4x4.

When I was truck shopping, I drove a GMC with a 4.3. Shifted constantly when taxed. Can't imagine with another couple hundred pounds around the axles.

Everybody bitching , everyone else is right u know what we should b able to drive what we want the way we want o and by the ****ing way im sure the torq on the new 4.3s is higher than that old 5.7, so ive had enough , every lost its the same ****ing thing , mines bigger than yours!!! This isnt a dick measuring forum its guys who luke g. Trucks, bur u know what **** all you im out go piss on each other

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gunslinger354 said:

Everybody bitching , everyone else is right u know what we should b able to drive what we want the way we want o and by the ****ing way im sure the torq on the new 4.3s is higher than that old 5.7, so ive had enough , every lost its the same ****ing thing , mines bigger than yours!!! This isnt a dick measuring forum its guys who luke g. Trucks, bur u know what **** all you im out go piss on each other

But please! Tell us how you really feel! ?

• Like 1

People that come to this forum and others and ask for advice when all they're looking for is affirmation on what they're already planning on doing are wasting their time as well as ours. Not our fault that he or they grabbed a corncob instead of TP.

1 hour ago, abninf101st said:

emoji23.png everyone’s so sensitive. Thanks for the feedback gents

I recognize what triggered you but no benefit from getting upset.   The 4.3 is a powerful and capable engine.  The 5.3 and 6.2 are more powerful so some will conclude this means the 4.3 is weak.  It is more like a "good, better, best"  scenario.  (The 4.3 was what I wanted and for me was the best choice.)  No matter which engine you have, the impact of heavier wheels and a lift will be noticeable.  Your suggestion that you may consider a "smaller setup" would reduce the impact but a compromise  may also leave you disappointed.  Your truck (regardless of engine size) will achieve its peak efficiencies with stock tire size.  Optional wheels and/or tires can give it a more personally preferred look without lifting or going larger. My original plan with my truck was to level and to add width/ height to my tires.  I couldn't find any justification on this or any other forum for such a change other than perceived appearance.  Knowing that such improvements are cosmetic and detract from overall efficiency I happily remined stock.  

Edited by Donstar