User Account Removed...what the heck??!!

I was driving down the street the other day, fat dumb and happy, when I noticed a message pop up on the infotainment screen. I only caught a few of the words, “my name” and I think it said“User Account removed” and then the message disappeared. There was more to the message but since I was driving in heavy traffic I could not read it and couldn't tell what I was being removed from. I knew my SiriusXM trial period was ending and I didn't renew it so thought it might have been it, no big deal.

I continued on to my destination and parked. When I came out later and started the pickup I noticed things on the screen were different...my messages icon was gone from the screen, the apple carplay icon I had moved off the home screen was back, also all of the presets for my favorite radio stations were gone.

I ended up having to make me a new user profile for the pickup, talk about a pain in the ass...I had just got things setup and adjusted to my liking too!!

So far everything seems to be working fine again! [fingers crossed]

I just had this exact problem today. Got in this morning, and my user profile was gone. My presets for XM radio were gone, my spotify app was gone, and i couldn't even connect to the wifi. Obviously without that my memory sets weren't working, and i lost all my favorites i had at for my phone.  Wondering if there's an update or something I can try.  I can't even connect to the wifi to set up a new account for the spotify, or download any of the apps.  My account has been wiped.  

I was beginning to think I was "just plain special" for having mine deleted since it took 5 days for anyone else to post about it happening to them too! :D

I guess on the plus side of me having to setup a new profile is, before my profile was wiped I had been having problems with my "Messages" app not loading my messages. About 6 out of 10 times they wouldn't load and would say I needed to adjust the permissions in my phone to allow them to load, but the next time I'd start my truck they'd load just fine...without me having done anything to my phone permissions. Since making my new profile and re-downloading the Messages app they load every time now. :shakehead:

On 12/23/2018 at 2:49 PM, RAYS B4U said:

I was beginning to think I was "just plain special" for having mine deleted since it took 5 days for anyone else to post about it happening to them too! :D

I guess on the plus side of me having to setup a new profile is, before my profile was wiped I had been having problems with my "Messages" app not loading my messages. About 6 out of 10 times they wouldn't load and would say I needed to adjust the permissions in my phone to allow them to load, but the next time I'd start my truck they'd load just fine...without me having done anything to my phone permissions. Since making my new profile and re-downloading the Messages app they load every time now. :shakehead:

I agree with you it is a blessing in disguise.  When I first setup my radio presets they were all discombobulated; now they are in some sort of order; I just hope it doesn't happen again.

So now my profile gets deleted each day!  I am now getting a message that my On-Star subscription has expired.  I know the introductory subscription expired but I purchased a 2 year subscription that was to start at the end of of the intro.  Of course On-Star says I need to talk to their Technical support that will return on 12/26!

Strange is it not! I know setting up your subscription ahead of time runs into problems. I have learned to wait until the last day after my trial run to start my subscription.

They can not handle something like setting up a subscription to start after a trial in advance. But the regular Onstar reps should be able to handle the disconnect. Good Luck!

On 12/27/2018 at 6:49 PM, Crowwl said:

So I am not allowed to use User Profiles in my 60K truck unless I pay a monthly gouge fee to Onstar?  What a ripoff, Live and Learn.

I'm not sure the trucks User Profiles are tied to OnStar service. I just called them to make sure and rule out OnStar since it was right at the time for it to be changing over from the free trial to the paid subscription service when my profile was removed. Maybe someone that doesn't have an OnStar subscription can chime in and tell us if their User Profiles still work without OnStar.

Mine happened about 3 or 4 days after I cancelled my subscription to Onstar. I kept paying the $10 for the internet, but cancelled everything else.  I called them thinking it was because of them, but they said it was not.  They said it was something to do with GMC.  I set up another profile, and haven't had it go out since.  Been working good for almost a week now.