2015 Silverado has moisture in high beams

Hello 

I have a 2015 Chevy 2500hd with 24,000 miles. I started noticing moisture in my high beam. I contacted a local Chevy dealer and they told me I had to contact the factory service being six weeks out of warranty. I did so and everything looked good. Set up an appointment at Darcy Chevrolet in Morris Il. Well after talking to the service manager he told me that they are aware of the problem and it is considered acceptable and normal. When he looked at them they were both fogged out with moisture. I also have a big problem with mice building nests on my cabin filter, I’m on my fourth filter I explained his reply was there was nothing that can be done. I feel this will be my last Chevy. 

I agree I have a rodent problem, I live on a farm. My truck is a tool not a toy I have been dealing with this issue for two and a half years nests and dead babies on the top of my cabin filter the problem I have is parked within feet of my truck all the time is a Cadillac deville  a Jeep Liberty a Ford Explorer and a Dodge Avenger none of these have ever had any problem just my truck. As far as the headlight issue check out bulletin #01-08-42-001L I’m not alone with this problem. Thank you for your reply good looking truck you have looks exactly like mine from what I see except mine has the factory running boards. Good luck with yours Avalonandi 

Edited by R Jandura

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2019 at 12:26 PM, R Jandura said:

I agree I have a rodent problem, I live on a farm. My truck is a tool not a toy I have been dealing with this issue for two and a half years nests and dead babies on the top of my cabin filter the problem I have is parked within feet of my truck all the time is a Cadillac deville  a Jeep Liberty a Ford Explorer and a Dodge Avenger none of these have ever had any problem just my truck. As far as the headlight issue check out bulletin #01-08-42-001L I’m not alone with this problem. Thank you for your reply good looking truck you have looks exactly like mine from what I see except mine has the factory running boards. Good luck with yours Avalonandi 

Time to put out a trap line.

And bait stations. 

Check and relocate regularly.

And upgrade the fleet of cats.

Once they've found a place to nest, they are going to keep going back as long as possible. 

Probably if you plug the hole they will find another place on your truck or another nearby vehicle. 

Best get serious about eliminating rodents.  Been there.  Done that.  Usually a frustrating project.  Best of luck. 

• 3 weeks later...

I had an issue with my 2015 Sierra 3500HD but not enough to impact light output and burned off with light use or being in the sun, everything was sealed and no issues with rodents. It is frustrating to pay as much as we do for a new pickup only to have these minor issues which erode our loyalty and confidence in manufacturers products. I traded to a 2017 Silverado 3500HD and have had no moisture issues in the headlamps.

• 4 weeks later...

I had same problem with mice in cabin filter... I took wiper cowl off and built a mesh metal screen to go over outlet to filter. There is nothing from the factory for protection from anything. I had leaves,pine needles, acorns and mice nest... no problems since