Morimoto Elite HIDs / Don't work with Auto Light controls!

HIDs won't function with Auto light controls enabled (DRLs During the day)

I just installed Morimoto XB35 complete Elite HID headlight kit in my 2014 Silverado that came with the stock Halogen projector lamps.

The kit comes with:

2-XB35 ballasts

2- H11B HID Bulbs 5500K

2-Morimoto igniters

1- HD relay H11 harness

1- anti-flicker capacitor link

Pretty straight forward simple install.

I am powerering the harness directly at the battery.

I am triggering the headlights at the passenger side stock headlight harness plug.

I also installed the Capacitor (anti-flicker) on the Passenger side.

I finished last night in the dark and seeming everything worked and functioned fine, until........

This morning in the daylight when I started my truck and put the gear selector in Drive I noticed a VERY loud buzzing sound coming from the RELAYS. (the DRLs were trying to activate) the stock Halogen low beam bulb is ALSO the DRL. 

So I am not sure why the HID bulbs don't function as DRLs? 

I get the very annoying buzz from the relays and the lights won't ignite in DRL mode.

If I manually switch on the lights they fire up fine, but as soon as switch the "Automatic Light Control ON" at the headlight switch the DRL function doesn't work and the Relays BUZZ!

Anyone Know of a FIX for this issue?

I really like the daytime running lights but it seems as though HID bulbs can't function as DRLs?

IMG_20190112_154423018.jpg

IMG_20190113_122943723.jpg

IMG_20190113_122952008.jpg

IMG_20190113_123001292.jpg

IMG_20190113_123015399.jpg

I'm not sure about the Chevy circuits.  If your original headlight bulb is also your DRL, it makes me think that it runs at a lower voltage during the day which could be what's causing the relays to buzz.  Good solid grounds are very important too.  

You can call The Retrofit Source (TRS) and explain whats happening and they may be able to help you troubleshoot.  M

My DRL's are the LEDs in the headlight assy, so they run off another circuit.

If you are running relay's, and I could be wrong, then it shouldn't matter. You don't need the full 100% power to activate the relays. It doesn't take much voltage to get the relays to click over and once they do then they give the HID's a full 12v straight from the battery. You should have the "anti-flickering" thing on both sides no? 

I also have the TRS HID set up but on a GMC so my DRL's are LED's so I cant attest to this. I will say that I have had many issues with my HID setup. I have had this setup not for about 4 years and I have literally replaced everything on it with some parts being replaced two and three times. HOWEVER, TRS is a great company and they warranty their products no questions asked. I just send them a picture of the product destroyed like they ask and they send me a new one. So it is an inconvenience but they don't hassle me when I send them a warranty claim, so kuddos to them in my book. 

• 8 months later...