Replacement FOB Body AJT

AE1M

I needed to replace my FOB as the buttons had become too worn and I actually damaged it a bit myself.  I went with this product https://www.ajtdesign-llc.com/online-store/Injection-Fob-2014-Chevy-GMC-Truck-BLACK-p119404439.  

I decided to color code the buttons.  RED for the panic button and unlock and WHITE for the lock & remote start.  Need to push the lock before the remote start so I made them the same color.

Some observations, but buttons are larger than the original and much easier to push with man fingers.  The size of the FOB is almost exactly the same as original.  There are many color options for the buttons and the body.  It was a bit on the expensive side but what isnt on these $60K trucks now.   Material seems very durable, designer has a nice video showing how to remove the PCB and install in this one. I wouldnt bet on waterproof, but it is gasketed and press fits pretty tight with a nicely fitted rubber inner lining.

Exchanging the guts is pretty easy, but the process does destroy the original.  

I can now see the buttons I need better and dont need to try to push sideways with fingernail like I had to do on the original.

It is a pretty cool solution if you need a replacement but the guts are still working, no need for new programming etc...

Kudos for the design.

DC18CF40-7062-4300-B9E8-FB4314AB8C47.jpeg

1 hour ago, AE1M said:

I needed to replace my FOB as the buttons had become too worn and I actually damaged it a bit myself.  I went with this product https://www.ajtdesign-llc.com/online-store/Injection-Fob-2014-Chevy-GMC-Truck-BLACK-p119404439.  

I decided to color code the buttons.  RED for the panic button and unlock and WHITE for the lock & remote start.  Need to push the lock before the remote start so I made them the same color.

Some observations, but buttons are larger than the original and much easier to push with man fingers.  The size of the FOB is almost exactly the same as original.  There are many color options for the buttons and the body.  It was a bit on the expensive side but what isnt on these $60K trucks now.   Material seems very durable, designer has a nice video showing how to remove the PCB and install in this one. I wouldnt bet on waterproof, but it is gasketed and press fits pretty tight with a nicely fitted rubber inner lining.

Exchanging the guts is pretty easy, but the process does destroy the original.  

I can now see the buttons I need better and dont need to try to push sideways with fingernail like I had to do on the original.

It is a pretty cool solution if you need a replacement but the guts are still working, no need for new programming etc...

Kudos for the design.

DC18CF40-7062-4300-B9E8-FB4314AB8C47.jpeg

Looks very good, great thinking on mating the colors of the buttons to their functions.

That's concerning.  I am considering doing the other I like it so much!

Mine works great.  AJT shows a year warranty on the website, did you follow up?

I spoke with the owner, seems very concerned about his designs.

Bob

it would work but he needs to redesign the back of the button so it hits the switch, it could be a factory change in manufactuer supplier to GM for the board thickness, I would be using it now if I could 'cause it looks dope AF!