Silverado HD vs Sierra HD - Ultimate Vote Off!

2020 Silverado HD vs 2020 GMC Sierra HD  

846 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Neither! Forget the Chevy 2020 2500HD gas version!, they dropped 4.10 gear option which has been around since the beginning of time.
2019 and earlier versions offered 4.10 rear gear ratios. Here is the difference in performance in max trailer weights for 2019 and older crew cab short bed models with 4.10 was 14200#, and 3.73 were 9700#.
It would have been ok if they changed the transmission ratios but they didnt on the gas version!
From 14200# to 9700# is a huge difference, saying you make up for it by increasing the engine torque wont make up for it on the hills. You need the extra gear ratio on the hills because the RPMs will drop too much when it shifts. Also the 3.73 will put more stress on the clutches that engage when the transmission shifts.
I love my 2012 2500HD with gas, but the gears on the hills are barely acceptable and I cant afford to make them worse. Time to go to Ford that offers 4.30 gear ratios!