Silverado HD vs Sierra HD - Ultimate Vote Off!

2020 Silverado HD vs 2020 GMC Sierra HD  

846 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Going to admit that the gmc has my attention. Coming from 270k on 2006 lbz Sierra 25hd I was in market for a new hd and time did not work in my favor neither the incentives to pull trigger on a 19. The new Chevy is ugly and may grow on others in person however the gmc has most drooling! Just buy what you like and suits your needs in a truck. I ended up with a 19 ltz 3500hd duramax z71 pkg, downgrade some would assume? Not me I love it so far! e5ddfb67710257be1569262329754933.jpg
Still going to drool when I see the new gmc lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:27 AM, [email protected] said:

Gmc got it right   IMO I want to support Chev,  but Can't they haven't got it right in years. 

gmc2020.jpg

The grill looks a lot like a RAM to me. I'll stick with the Chevy?

8908802_IMG_02665.jpg.5dc0da23a5017940d1fe335f7ae24705.jpg      Just picked up this for my wife earlier in the week, the TB on the left is mine.

When I first saw a pic of the 2020 Chevy 2500, I was shocked. Not so much because it's hideous, but because it's... very different.

The more I see it the more it grows on me, but it is quite a departure from the norm, and if people are so accustomed to the traditional understated Chevy styling, it's understandable that they'd be initially repulsed by the latest designs. As we see them more they may become less shocking.

We've grown accustomed to the swooping body lines of compact cars or CUVs, but applying the same design principals to a full-size truck has always been somewhat difficult, or even taboo. Chevy seems to be taking some gambles with styling, thinking outside the proverbial box, and I like that they are doing so. But the new design is not a solid win across the product line; I still think their latest designs look far better in certain trim levels than others. The GMC styling seems more cohesive to me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UncleDave said:

When I first saw a pic of the 2020 Chevy 2500, I was shocked. Not so much because it's hideous, but because it's... very different.

The more I see it the more it grows on me, but it is quite a departure from the norm, and if people are so accustomed to the traditional understated Chevy styling, it's understandable that they'd be initially repulsed by the latest designs. As we see them more they may become less shocking.

We've grown accustomed to the swooping body lines of compact cars or CUVs, but applying the same design principals to a full-size truck has always been somewhat difficult, or even taboo. Chevy seems to be taking some gambles with styling, thinking outside the proverbial box, and I like that they are doing so. But the new design is not a solid win across the product line; I still think their latest designs look far better in certain trim levels than others. The GMC styling seems more cohesive to me.

Totally agree,  So I like the High Country HD a lot and my early opinion on the lesser models was that they were ugly.  I saw an LTZ in person yesterday and was amazed how much better it looked in person.  It was parked right next to a 2019 High Country and the 19 looked old sitting next to it.  I think these trucks are going to grow on people and end up being preferred over the same old designs we’ve seen for years.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, very surprised at the results here. I don't like the GMC, and I don't really like the GMC 1500s either. In this case, I think it looks too busy with the curvy trim underneath the grill winding their way up to become the inside of the headlights, also Sierra grill is so huge and there is nothing to break it up. It's Chevrolet all the way for me. 

I really like how the headlamps are lower set on the Chevy, which should be nicer for oncoming traffic and it should illuminate the road in poor conditions better.  The other thing I really like about the chevy, is the bar that goes through the center of the grill. It's nice to break up that big grill.  Overall I think the Silverado team nailed it and my favorite is either the Custom or LT.  Professional looking, under-stated, sharp. I also happen to think all the trim levels look way better in a color, as opposed to black, white, or silver. Check out these examples...it's a very handsome looking machine and, I think its one of the most cohesive designs Chevrolet has put out in many years. 

2da393d8bb43431e86f0ff628472466f.thumb.jpg.bd7edb089627280ec878880500f1b223.jpg

5da90b6ae3c048f29dc093be8a617c49.jpg

3c0e2fda5dc74bbaba99eab1baaa4ee0.jpg

630a3b63a16a4cd6acba086f88997754.jpg

Edited by protovack

• 2 weeks later...

I've had an '11 Yukon XL Denali, a '17 Sierra 1500 Denali, an '18 Sierra 2500 Denali, and Chevys before that.

Looks and content have been the deciding factor.

On the '11 Yukon Denali, I really preferred the appearance of that generation Surburban much more but you had to get a Denali to get the 6.2........was not available in Surburban at all.

Until this year you could not get the LCD upper dash in anything but a Denali.

I ordered an AT4 this time, I really like the Black chrome much more than the chromed out look of a Denali and other than the "leather appointed" rear seat this truck has everything a Denali has.

So I will go back and forth between Chevrolet and GMC, but this generation GMC has it in spades IMHO

20190901_160615.jpg