Adding Rear View Mirror w/ Temperature Sensor to W/T

Has anyone installed an aftermarket rear view mirror for the purpose of getting outside temperature?  I have a 2014 Silverado 2500 WT that does not have a readout for outside temperature.  The DIC does not display the outside temperature and I assume that it's not possible without major expense to change the DIC.  Thanks for any comments. 

Has anyone installed an aftermarket rear view mirror for the purpose of getting outside temperature?  I have a 2014 Silverado 2500 WT that does not have a readout for outside temperature.  The DIC does not display the outside temperature and I assume that it's not possible without major expense to change the DIC.  Thanks for any comments. 

Does it not show in the corner of the radio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did this year's ago to a truck I had.

At the time, there was a company that sold these, and they were the oem supplier to the big 3.

I assume they are still around. Can't remember the name of that company for nothing.

Do a Google search on "temperature/compass" mirror, and you should discover several options.

They then also offered a rear view integrated with a camera display, if I am recalling this correctly.

Best of luck in your quest...

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

I did this year's ago to a truck I had.

At the time, there was a company that sold these, and they were the oem supplier to the big 3.

I assume they are still around. Can't remember the name of that company for nothing.

Do a Google search on "temperature/compass" mirror, and you should discover several options.

They then also offered a rear view integrated with a camera display, if I am recalling this correctly.

Best of luck in your quest...

Found something.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_220GEN20A/Gentex-ADVGEN20A.html?awkw=421336368848&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=256015336262&awdv=m&awug=9051914&gclid=Cj0KCQiAhKviBRCNARIsAAGZ7CftLPEgN7lIYQ-Lq3NgUhmz2h88Vw5BezQucnMoIKR2p1stpk158DUaAreoEALw_wcB

• Thanks 1

+1 on this request. I see temp in the corner of the radio, but not when using apple CarPlay, which is running 99% of the time. Temp can be really important on those days it’s hovering around 33F and it starts dipping below freezing. I also miss the auto-dimming feature my 2000 Silverado had. Can I take an OEM mirror from an early 2000 Chevy/GM and swap it on my 2016?

edit: several of new replies were posted while typing. ^^thanks for the info guys. 

Edited by rudyb

• 4 months later...

My 1500 WT has a temp sensor somewhere as it displays when radio on.  Don't know where it's located (sensor).  Wish is showed when radio was off and not just clock as I don't listen to radio, but can mute it and see temp.  I was surprised it had temp sensor for outside air, this is basic truck.  It does have snow plow package, towing package, but nothing much else extra.  Snow plow has never been used, it was only WT truck available and package was on it.  No CD etc, but that is fine with me.