Looking in to a 2017 Sierra - What to look out for/other suggestions

Also, I'm not crazy about buying a brand new car. 2018 Sierra 1500's I'm seeing in my area are going for 58-62K (give or take a few thousand). Cars in general depreciate so much as soon as they leave the lot. I'm happy buying a 2 year old car with low miles specifically for that reason. 
I would expand your search a bit further. I drove almost 5 hours one way for my truck a few years ago and saved me quite a bit of cash. Here is a good alternative to the used Sierra. https://www.laurabuickgmc.com/VehicleDetails/new-2018-GMC-Sierra_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_SLT-Collinsville-IL/3335285953

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 11:34 AM, PickUpNoobie said:

Not really fears of what could go wrong. I'm currently on my second Audi A4 and these beautiful things can be some high maintenance bitches. I'm not afraid of performing routine maintenance/repairs to keep the truck running smoothly but I just don't know these trucks well enough/at all to keep certain issues in mind that I'll have to address down the road.

The one thing I have always liked about GM products is that the maintenance is usually pretty minimal. They are machines, and machines will break. IMO GM has a great warranty program, and like anything else, if you get a good one, they go forever. Plus best looking trucks on the road. I would not hesitate to buy one, new or used. 

Edited by JimCost2014

16 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

The one thing I have always like about GM products is that the maintenance is usually pretty minimal. They are machines, and machines will break. IMO GM has a great warranty program, and like anything else, if you get a good one, they go forever, plus best looking trucks on the road. I would not hesitate to buy one, new or used. 

Thank you!

That looks like a great truck for the price. Maybe 32k to get a great vs good deal. 

I love my 2017 SLT premium plus. The only thing i wish mine had was a sunroof. I could give up the cooled seats. I like those snowflake wheels better than the plus wheels. 

Edited by Bikemobile

36k is too much for that truck.  It's a 5.3L SLT with the Premium package, Z71, bucket seat option and paint option.  I could have scored that brand new when I was buying mine for about 2k more.  Pretty common option setup too, though that dealer cheaped out with no brake controller; many were smart enough to add it as it was a cheap option and about impossible to retrofit later.  

On 1/31/2019 at 3:04 PM, PickUpNoobie said:

Also, I'm not crazy about buying a brand new car. 2018 Sierra 1500's I'm seeing in my area are going for 58-62K (give or take a few thousand). Cars in general depreciate so much as soon as they leave the lot. I'm happy buying a 2 year old car with low miles specifically for that reason. 

I laughed to myself as I drove off the lot with my 2018 Crew cab and made a fart noise and said "There goes 5 Grand"?

I bought my 17 SLT premium plus crew cab short box 2wd 6.2L 8spd in December for $36k with 8700 miles. I love my truck, I adjusted the AFM and installed a catch can to possibly aide with some common worries/ issues with the newer style trucks. I've got plenty of power, (6.2) comfort (leather, heated seats, dual climate), options (sunroof, brake controller, LEDs, etc). Would do it again in a heartbeat326791fac5a555085f8f3ad3a9d5f4df.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk