Looking for tips and tricks

I have a 2016 Sierra 5.3 and I recently bought American racing headers and will be installing them soon. If anyone has installed headers on this year model truck, any tips or tricks will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

It is high temp silicone sealent. On new MLS gaskets you can also do copper spray.
Many will say it isn't needed as gm didn't do it. But gm also had robotics and a heated assembly room to built it out of the truck.
Bolt pattern and torque spec.
Do you have a torque wrench?
The bolts buy the firewall are hard to get and the header on driver side goes out the bottom.
OH MLS is multi layer steel.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Can't eember the name of mine. But I have the studs welded in. And the flat gaskets suck. And rtv is your friend. And know your torque specs. That's all.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RTV...almost as versatile as Duck tape ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SS502 said:

RTV...almost as versatile as Duck tape ?

Well played sir, you Ducks are such opportunists, but I would suggest Duct tape, a real one like this, you know it would get the job done...

s-l1000[1].jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Well played sir, you Ducks are such opportunists, but I would suggest Duct tape, a real one like this, you know it would get the job done...

s-l1000[1].jpg

Man...I can’t skip nothing by you Jim! All in fun my friend ? and hey I’d use the Huskies tape!! We lived in Evergreen for about 2 years.

1 minute ago, jimbo285 said:

RTV = Room Temperature Vulcanizing Silicone.

Well it certainly “Mind melds” with a lot of stuff! Live long and prosper ? 

Edited by SS502

1 minute ago, SS502 said:

Man...I can’t skip nothing by you Jim! All in fun my friend ? and hey I’d use the Huskies tape!! We lived in Evergreen for about 2 years.

Where is Evergreen? That is the state's nickname.

7 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Where is Evergreen? That is the state's nickname.

Little town pretty close to the Columbia River. Well, maybe it was Evergreen community or road? I was only 2 so that what I remember...now I have to ask my Mom ?

***We lived in Vancouver really close to Evergreen High school my Mom took us play when we were little. I really don’t remember being there but I’d still use the tape ?

Edited by SS502

8 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Little town pretty close to the Columbia River. Well, maybe it was Evergreen community or road? I was only 2 so that what I remember...now I have to ask my Mom ?

Southeast Vancouver area, which is the last big town on the I-5 corridor in Washington before you head over the Columbia into Oregon. So, how is the header install coming on your truck today?

1 hour ago, Dalton18 said:

I have a 2016 Sierra 5.3 and I recently bought American racing headers and will be installing them soon. If anyone has installed headers on this year model truck, any tips or tricks will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1 minute ago, JimCost2014 said:

Southeast Vancouver area, which is the last big town on the I-5 corridor in Washington before you head over the Columbia into Oregon. So, how is the header install coming on your truck today?

I wish! Not me doing it...