Cooled seats keep turning on by themselves

A couple months ago i realized my cooled seats kept kicking on by themselves the problem went away by itself but now its back and worse than before i have a 2018 sierra denali 2500 duramax any help would be much appreciated 

If you have seat position memory, I think when you set the memory, whatever options you have on at the time will be set into the memory as well. ie., radio station, seat heaters/coolers etc. That’s how my wife’s Durango works. I have a Silverado LT with none of those options, so I can’t be positive that’s your issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are 'ventilated', but not cooled.  (they did have cooled seats several years back, but pickup seats are now 'heated and ventilated', rather than 'heated and cooled'.

Are you talking about them coming on when driving, or during a remote start? 

Depending on if it is setting (enabled/disabled) in the menus, they can come on during remote start.

2018 Sierra/Denali: 

Remote Start Auto Heated and Ventilated Seats

During a remote start, the heated or ventilated seats can be turned on automatically. When it is cold
outside, the heated seats turn on, and when it is hot outside the ventilated seats turn on. The heated
or ventilated seats are canceled  when the ignition is turned on. Press the heated or ventilated seat button
to use the heated or ventilated seats after the vehicle is started.

The heated or ventilated seat indicator lights do not turn on during a remote start.

The temperature performance of an unoccupied seat may be reduced.
This is normal.

The heated or ventilated seats will not turn on during a remote start unless they are enabled in the vehicle personalization menu.
See Remote Vehicle Start 0 37 and Vehicle Personalization 0 161

If they are turning on by themselves when you are driving, I'd be looking to get it repaired.

Possibly a bad switch or something in wiring telling BCM to turn the system on.

My '15 SLT was 'heated and cooled', and the '16 and current '18 are 'heated ventilated' I've never had this happen to any of them.  

Wife's GM car has cooled seats.  The cars don't come on by themselves either.

Kids probably dripped some strawberry milk into the control button.........happened on my back door window control button. Now no more food and drink for kids in the truck!  Haha. 

• 3 weeks later...

I had a similar issue with our 2015 GMC 3500HD except the heated portion came on and stayed on with no rhyme or reason. If this had been winter time here in MN I wouldn't have minded except it happened in July. I had some other issues with mirrors and navigation so several reflashes of BCM and replacement of radio and no more issues with heated seats or mirrors but the navigation issue persisted.