Just when you thought it was safe to drive a 6 speed

5 hours ago, ajensen383 said:

I wish I could just put a TH400 in my new truck ..... get rid of all the computer controlled crap

And I'm sure you wouldn't complain one bit about the truck being slower and getting significantly less fuel mileage, right?

42 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

And I'm sure you wouldn't complain one bit about the truck being slower and getting significantly less fuel mileage, right?

Hardly the point. Can you think of a reason that any number of gears you like could not be controlled by the means the TH400 was? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Hardly the point. Can you think of a reason that any number of gears you like could not be controlled by the means the TH400 was? 

Exactly.....but in this day and age heaven forbid that something is not controlled by some kind of electronics

2 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

Point is... what kills these transmissons is all the computer controlled garbage 

Haha, I doubt it would be much slower,  if at all... very easy to put a gear vendors OD on a t-400 and have a 100% bulletproof mechanically operated 6 speed.

Edited by ajensen383
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...