Alarm on work truck without dealer lock kit.

Since my truck doesnt have the rpo code for the keyless entry kit I was wondering if I need that kit on top of all else normally needed to install a aftermarket alarm. Trying to make this cost effective as possible.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Every aftermarket alarm I have ever installed and seen has the basic lock unlock built in. They are a basic low voltage green and blue. May need additional parts depending on what truck. And alarm you pick. However I know there is a data link available to run that so it isn't a issue.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Every aftermarket alarm I have ever installed and seen has the basic lock unlock built in. They are a basic low voltage green and blue. May need additional parts depending on what truck. And alarm you pick. However I know there is a data link available to run that so it isn't a issue.

I guess i was thinking the dealer kit has to be installed for the aftermarket stuff to work. That's what I'm trying to figure. I agree with all aftermarket alarms having a keyless feature.

I guess i was thinking the dealer kit has to be installed for the aftermarket stuff to work. That's what I'm trying to figure. I agree with all aftermarket alarms having a keyless feature.

The idatalink module does 90% or more of the features you are looking for. The aftermarket alarm wires or is some cases plugs to that. Starting windows and many more features are data wire. Install is stupid easy these days.
I was a mecp master installer back in the day.
The are options for sunroof windows start and trigger inputs. Type your truck info in and it will list options and wiring.

The idatalink module does 90% or more of the features you are looking for. The aftermarket alarm wires or is some cases plugs to that. Starting windows and many more features are data wire. Install is stupid easy these days.
I was a mecp master installer back in the day.
The are options for sunroof windows start and trigger inputs. Type your truck info in and it will list options and wiring.

Hey thanks man. I'll check it out.