What to Linex

I need help!  I’m looking at opinions on getting certain parts of my CC linexed. Except I have one small problem, I can’t decide. I am for sure getting both front and rear bumpers linexed.

The main need for a opinion is I’m unsure if I should chip guard the entire truck ( Bottom 6” of the truck), and if I should go over the wheel wells or not. Should I do the entire grille thus making it similar to a 19’ Trail Boss. 

Edited by Crazypontiac03

3 minutes ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Line-X along the lower 6 inches, along the leading edge of the hood by about 3", 

If you line-x your underwear, you can be a Fart Boss.

Not sure what you mean by “leading edge of hood.”Are your referring to linexing the actual hood, or where the grille and hood meet?

Captain Smartass says you should Line-X the bed <RUNS>

Seriously though, bumpers would be good, lower 6 inches of the outside AND inside of the rocker panels, the rear wheel wells if you don't have the liners, and that should cover it!

My local Line-X shops owner did his entire Jeep inside and out. Whatever. 

I did the bed including under the rails plus rear wheel well liner area. I did a 3M clear bra on the leading edges of the hood and front fenders and inside door sills. No drill Weather Tech mud flaps. I have a Go-Rhino step bar and added factory bed corner caps. Basically shielding the lower half of the trucks sheet metal. 

It is now 5 years old (a 15 built in 14) and has 86,000 miles on her. All but one  of the less that a half dozen chips I have had to repair (and I repair all chips) is well above the common lower 6" line people like to Line-X most. I do have a mark or two in the clear bra which did it's job and is self healing with a hair drier. Oddly the chips it has gotten come from things hitting from above the road surface. Kids throwing ice balls from the ditch. A bird flew into it. Some junk falling off a semi flat bed holding heavy equipment. A guy tossing a beer can out the window coming at me. The one chip in the 'rock zone' was in it when I bought her on the back of the cab. Only mark on it then.  

As a WT1 it has dark semi-flat grayish painted bumpers. Those are taking a beating and yes, I will have them blasted and Line-X coated this spring inside and out OR epoxy inside, repainted outside and clear bra. Haven't decided yet. 

7 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

My local Line-X shops owner did his entire Jeep inside and out. Whatever. 

I did the bed including under the rails plus rear wheel well liner area. I did a 3M clear bra on the leading edges of the hood and front fenders and inside door sills. No drill Weather Tech mud flaps. I have a Go-Rhino step bar and added factory bed corner caps. Basically shielding the lower half of the trucks sheet metal. 

It is now 5 years old (a 15 built in 14) and has 86,000 miles on her. All but one  of the less that a half dozen chips I have had to repair (and I repair all chips) is well above the common lower 6" line people like to Line-X most. I do have a mark or two in the clear bra which did it's job and is self healing with a hair drier. Oddly the chips it has gotten come from things hitting from above the road surface. Kids throwing ice balls from the ditch. A bird flew into it. Some junk falling off a semi flat bed holding heavy equipment. A guy tossing a beer can out the window coming at me. The one chip in the 'rock zone' was in it when I bought her on the back of the cab. Only mark on it then.  

As a WT1 it has dark semi-flat grayish painted bumpers. Those are taking a beating and yes, I will have them blasted and Line-X coated this spring inside and out OR epoxy inside, repainted outside and clear bra. Haven't decided yet. 

This is basically what I’m trying to accomplish especially living in the heavily salted Midwest. When I purchased the truck (used) the bedliner was already done. Previous owner has the typical GM 6” Chrome running boards and rear inside fender linears. Running boards will eventually be changed to the RB20’s. Truck is white and I’m in the process of doing the White/Black theme which the linex helps accomplish both in looks and function. Linex dealer that I will be dealing with does the inside of the door jams all the way to the threshold to prevent chipping. Thanks for the input! 

• Like 1