Dash squeak

cltsig

Who has or had a dash squeak that sounds like it is coming from inside the lower interior part of the dash? If so, did the dealer find and fix it? I have one and it is driving me crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is coming from the surround around the nav screen.  I actually tore the dash apart to get to it, it is a pretty involved process to get the nav screen and climate control black plastic piece out, you actually start in the foot wells and take out the entire cup area.  I minimized the squeak by applying black felt tape to all the metal clips that hold everything in.  I was afraid to take apart the nav screen though.

the way to take apart the dash is found here

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/217746-anyone-start-tearing-down-a-2019-to-install-sound-system/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-2218085

Edited by JacobC1983

Mine is coming from the surround around the nav screen.  I actually tore the dash apart to get to it, it is a pretty involved process to get the nav screen and climate control black plastic piece out, you actually start in the foot wells and take out the entire cup area.  I minimized the squeak by applying black felt tape to all the metal clips that hold everything in.  I was afraid to take apart the nav screen though.

the way to take apart the dash is found here

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/217746-anyone-start-tearing-down-a-2019-to-install-sound-system/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-2218085

Where exactly was the squeak? Did your fix stop the squeak?

9 hours ago, cltsig said:

Where exactly was the squeak? Did your fix stop the squeak?

Mine is from right under the Nav screen.  I reduced it but it is still there.  Once I had everything apart I was afraid to take apart the screws that held the nav screen in place, instead I just tightened them up some and put felt tape on the metal clips that hold everything in place to the dashboard.  It definitely helped but still isn’t perfect. My squeak is definitely a plastic on plastic noise.  When I touch the black plastic around the nav screen it is definitely the place it is coming from.  If it starts bothering me again I will take it all apart again (took about 2 hours to do it slowly and carefully) and unscrew the nav screen and place felt tape in there too. 

I’ve got it as well...as described it’s a plastic on plastic sound when the truck is cold.  Started hearing it at 500 miles and now at 1000 it’s still there. Sounds way back in the dash footwell to me, will wait until someone  figures it out before I rip everything apart.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Bgctrading said:

Mine noise is more of a thumping noise in the dash passenger area. It's driving me nuts!

My AT4 does the same thing! Thumps from different areas behind the dash... only way I can describe the noise is like a vent door shutting hard. Drives me nuts. 

I still haven't been able to find the cause of the squeek clicking noise that happens especially when cold, I have taken the entire black dash cluster out and gotten behind it, there are so many areas it could be coming from - the climate control was my next guess.. has anybody had any luck finding where their creaking noises are coming from?

Does it sound like the lid of a styrofoam cooler rubbing? If so, mine has been at the dealer since Monday trying to isolate this noise. They said it is fixed so I pick it up tomorrow. They had to take the better part of the dash out to get to it and it apparently the HVAC “box” rubbing the firewall. Maybe GM will wise up and take note after getting billed lots of service hours for a squeak that is easily preventable during design and build. Anyway, I’ll try to remember to post what they tell me.

14 minutes ago, cltsig said:

Does it sound like the lid of a styrofoam cooler rubbing? If so, mine has been at the dealer since Monday trying to isolate this noise. They said it is fixed so I pick it up tomorrow. They had to take the better part of the dash out to get to it and it apparently the HVAC “box” rubbing the firewall. Maybe GM will wise up and take note after getting billed lots of service hours for a squeak that is easily preventable during design and build. Anyway, I’ll try to remember to post what they tell me.

Thank you! please get as many details as possible.

JacobC1983, are you on the 2019 Silverado/Sierrra Facebook page?  If not, join to see posts about squeaks.  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1940597442867191/

The posting on March 6th led me down my path.  He got his fixed and it sounds like the exact same issue I have.  I sent this info to my dealer, they called his dealer and helped pinpoint the location.  We'll see tomorrow.  

image.png.6e127ceda2778a82a0258f9700f2503e.png

Edited by cltsig