37" tires

Looking to move up to 37" tires from 35" when the time comes. Have a 2014 sierra Allterrain with the 6.2 and a 6" lift. Looking for pros and cons. Regear needed? Possible issues? Thanks for any input provided.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, doozer78 said:

Looking to move up to 37" tires from 35" when the time comes. Have a 2014 sierra Allterrain with the 6.2 and a 6" lift. Looking for pros and cons. Regear needed? Possible issues? Thanks for any input provided.

Whats the width and offset on the wheels? Becsuse youll rub

I have 35s now with no regear. I figured 37s may need it. I rarely drive the truck in winter months and maybe 2 times a week in summer months. Ive had truck a little over 2 years and put less than 1500 miles on it. So with it not being a daily driver would 37s with no regear really affect me?

How do we know if you need a re-gear? What gears do you have now. If you have 3.42, then you'll get around alright. If you have 3.08, its going to be a dog. But either way its up to you depending if you want to race, or tow with it, or just a grocery-getter with big tires. You would only need to re-gear if you aren't happy with the performance with the bigger tires on.

51 minutes ago, doozer78 said:

I have 35s now with no regear. I figured 37s may need it. I rarely drive the truck in winter months and maybe 2 times a week in summer months. Ive had truck a little over 2 years and put less than 1500 miles on it. So with it not being a daily driver would 37s with no regear really affect me?

Then why put thousands into it if you arent even going to drive it that much? 

• Like 1

Not sure where you get thousands just for tires....i want a beefier tire

17 minutes ago, doozer78 said:

I'll be honest I bought it used 2 years ago I have no idea what gears are in it. is there a way to tell?

Need to get your RPO codes from the sticker in the glovebox and find the one for gear ratio.

Mine has GU6 for 3.42.

http://www.drivetrain.com/parts_catalog/ring_and_pinions/what_gear_ratio_do_i_have_in_my_gm_or_chevrolet.html

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, doozer78 said:

Not sure where you get thousands just for tires....i want a beefier tire

A re-gear is going to run you $2,000 plus. in addition to the new rubber, so is it worth it to you?

9 minutes ago, Ozer said:

Id say its really his decision on what he wants to do with his money.  But, it is good to have a voice of reason sometimes. If he keeps his wheels and his current gearing it wouldn't be the most expensive modification.  Especially if he needs new tires anyway. 

• Like 1

Your money your truck at the end of the day but..

We all get new trucks and go ok.. what should i upgrade now??..

Im just saying step back and see if you really need/want to do all that if the truck is just going to sit parked on your driveway? 

Just another opinion thats all. You could be doing something to your daily driver whatever that car may be instead.

Edited by Ozer
  • Like 1

If you hardly drive the truck then a regear is a waste of money.  With the 6.2 you're definitely getting along better then if you had the 5.3.  For as little driving as you do 37's wont be that big of an issue.  Gas mileage may suffer a little more than with the 35's but not by much

If your plans change to it being a daily driver and you're gonna tow with it then a regear is worth every penny

Edited by Jacoby