Heated seats on remote start

I dont know if it is built this way or a problem but mine only heat if I am sitting in the seat. I have tried different things and found out it only takes minimal pressure to turn on. So I just leave a 6 pack of bottled water on my seat when I get out of my truck at the end of the day so when I remote start in the morning it will heat my seats. Might sound stupid but it's either that or no heat to the seats for me.

Did you turn the setting on?  It's in the "Comfort and Convenience" settings screen on the radio.

If you did that then the seats come on with remote start but THE BUTTON LIGHTS DO NOT COME ON.  When you get in the truck and start the ignition the seats reset and you need to push the dash buttons to turn them on.  I'm not sure why GM does it this way but that's how it works.

The ones in my 2015 work fine.  They don't get as hot as when you have something sitting on the seat but after being remote started they warm up much quicker once I get in the truck and drive away.

• Like 3

On 3/13/2019 at 11:07 AM, sk said:

Did you turn the setting on?  It's in the "Comfort and Convenience" settings screen on the radio.

If you did that then the seats come on with remote start but THE BUTTON LIGHTS DO NOT COME ON.  When you get in the truck and start the ignition the seats reset and you need to push the dash buttons to turn them on.  I'm not sure why GM does it this way but that's how it works.

The ones in my 2015 work fine.  They don't get as hot as when you have something sitting on the seat but after being remote started they warm up much quicker once I get in the truck and drive away.

I posted pretty much the same question as the OP, for my '15, when I had it.  A bunch of the guys in this forum told me the same thing as your comments above.