Front camera issues

My front camera has not been working for a while I have a 2017 Yukon as I'm driving a message pops up that front camera not working. At first thought dirty windshield but no an when I went to clean windshield notice oil on inside of windshield come from camera assembly.

So took cover off inside haven't gotten any further but when I'm driving an the error pops up the camera is extremely hot. So my question is what is this part called because front camera doesn't work. An really dont want to bend over for a dealer to make me Squeal like a pig.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/03/2019 at 3:45 PM, Stevek364 said:

What front view camera?  Never heard of one on a Yukon.  Are you talking about Forward Collision Alert or some other safety feature that uses cameras or radar?

Its probably the camera  near the mirror that detects lane departure 

• 1 year later...

I have the same issue with my 2017 Suburban.

I replaced the camera but now I am having trouble figuring out how to recalibrate it with the Autel maxi scanner.

It won't work until it is recalibrated.

Did you end up squealing?

Any details might help me fix mine.

Thanks,

• 1 year later...

If your camera is red hot it’s a sign it’s mounted incorrectly. Most scan tools capable of recalibration will find a code for adjustment, not missing calibration or both. 
A new camera with have to be programmed with GM software before you can calibrate camera