Aftermarket Inverter

I'm considering buying a 2017 Denali with 18k miles on it. The truck checks every box. My Only hesitation is that the previous owner installed a 2500w Cobra inverter and a 110 outlet in the bedside towards the tailgate. I'm curious if I should have any concerns about the mod. The install looks professional, and now that I think about it, it would be pretty convenient. It seems like the 110 in the console is pretty worthless from what I've read. Thoughts?

123_1_05.jpeg

123_1_03.jpeg

Screenshot_20190329-092902.png

I agree on making sure it's fused properly. From the looks of it, it seems as though the second battery was added just for the converter and it is a very clean install. Either he himself does nice work or he paid a pretty penny to have it done. Either way, clean install and I too wouldn't mind having one of those in my bed. I rarely use the one inside

Thanks for the input guys. I decided to pull the trigger and I fly out in the morning to pick the truck up. I'm joining the club after selling my 08 Z06 a month ago. Hopefully the 6.2 with 3.42 helps make the transition less painful than other trucks. 

123_1_08.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leveycr said:

Thanks for the input guys. I decided to pull the trigger and I fly out in the morning to pick the truck up. I'm joining the club after selling my 08 Z06 a month ago. Hopefully the 6.2 with 3.42 helps make the transition less painful than other trucks. 

123_1_08.jpeg

Gear swap?  8-speed 6.2 Denali is 3.23 only from the factory.

2 hours ago, Leveycr said:

I was looking all around and seems like a 2017 Ultimate with 20k miles, one owner, clean history is $42-44k. 

Yikes.  New '18 Ultimates in December (with all of the incentives) could be had for around 48k.  I am normally a used buyer but these used prices drove me into a new truck!

15 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

Gear swap?  8-speed 6.2 Denali is 3.23 only from the factory.

Not sure about the Denali, but all of the 6.2 8 speed max tow's either Chevy or GMC have a 3.42. Just hard to find a used max tow with a 6.2. Only the max tow has that gearset. The 14's with the 6 speed had 3.73's. Max tow is not just the "tow package" either it is the maximum tow package. I have a 6.2 with an 8 speed with the plug and play tow package, but not the max. They are out there though.

Just now, kennerz said:

Not sure about the Denali, but all of the 6.2 8 speed max tow's either Chevy or GMC have a 3.42. Just hard to find a used max tow with a 6.2. Only the max tow has that gearset. The 14's with the 6 speed had 3.73's. Max tow is not just the "tow package" either it is the maximum tow package. I have a 6.2 with an 8 speed with the plug and play tow package, but not the max. They are out there though.

NHT is not available on the Denali, hence my statement stands.  

1 hour ago, kennerz said:

Thanks for the correction. So NHT is only available on one trim level of GMC trucks? I know on the Chevy's it's the ltz/HC only.

SLT for sure and I believe the SLE as well (I was never in the market for the SLE so I never did any research on it).